+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unattended installation / Slient install of CWS 5

Default Unattended installation / Slient install of CWS 5

Hi all,

I have been trying to install CWS 5 using the 1gb download provided on the EFI download section. My organisation only has requirements to install both the Command Workstation and Fiery Remote Scan components.

I have stripped out the uncessassary components so that once I click on the masterinstaller.exe it will only install these two components.

However, I need to replicate this installation 300 times. Is there an answer file or command switches that can be run with masterinstaller.exe which makes this install "silent"?

Regards,
    Jeremy

Sorry, we don't have yet a silent install mode for the extended 1GB package.
    CWS 5.3 package do have a silent install mode (run from command line) and EFI can post it in the forum.

David

Thanks for your reply to this thread David. Bummer to hear that no unattend exists for the extended package.

I will attempt to use the CWS 5 package in the meantime, could you please direct me to the download if possible?

Do you know if a package exists for the Efi Remote Scan as well?

Thanks for continued assistance,
    Jeremy

So the latest version is out, 5.3.1 and this version doesn't support silent installs either! Using the /S on the stand alone CWS5 installer only makes the Temporary Extract silent, the main installer still requires manual intervention.

I'm going to attempt to create an answer file and see if i can install via this, but I am not impressed. Is it that difficult to create an installer which follows most international packaging standards?

Jeremy

+ Reply to Thread