+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xerox 1000 Paper Catalog synch problems

TomG is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor TomG is on a distinguished path

Question Xerox 1000 Paper Catalog synch problems

The paper catalog between PC-UI and Fiery EX-1000 is not synchronizing, nothing happens even after minutes. We created and deleted some stock and logged out at the PC-UI.

We're using a customer network 192.168.0.x so the IOT's and PC-UI's IP address had to be switched. Xerox used the "SetIP100" tool, after that the IOT has IP address 100.100.100.1 and the PC-UI 100.100.100.3 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 100.100.100.254).

We set the Fiery's IP to 100.100.100.2 (subnetmask and gateway copied from PC-UI). All devices can "talk" to the others (tested via ping command) but the Paper Catalog still is not synch'ing, even after a couple of restarts of all devices.

I'm interested in the synch'ing background: how does Fiery EX-1000 grab the media library of the PC-UI? I heard something about FTP. I guess the PC-UI pushes the lib to an FTP account on the Fiery. If so, can I check if the FTP service is working correctly, e.g. by connecting from the PC-UI to the Fiery's FTP server via commandline (ftp command)? What's the FTP user and password? Can I check if the Fiery FTP service is "listening" on the correct IP address 100.100.100.2? Is it possible that the Windows firewall on the Fiery blocks the synch'ing? What services are responsible for the synch'ing process?
    Last edited by TomG; 09-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Tom,

Sounds like you haven't run the IP Change patch on the Fiery - you don't manually change the IP address on the RIP there is more happening under the bonnet than that.

We set the Fiery's IP to 100.100.100.2 (subnetmask and gateway copied from PC-UI). All devices can "talk" to the others (tested via ping command) but the Paper Catalog still is not synch'ing, even after a couple of restarts of all devices.
    Don't know if you are aware of the OSI model - but just because you can "ping" an IP address doesn't mean that you are "fully" communicating - also the Gateway only resides on the PCUI - not the Fiery - also there isn't a back off Patch for the IP Change Patch - so if you were planning any kind of Network Change it might pay you to clone your EX1000 prior to loading the patch, as the only other way would be to scrape reload the Fiery if you wished to change - I know this is unlikely - but I mention for completeness.

Don't know what version the Fiery is running ? V 1.1 or 1.3 but you you'll find the patch in E:\EFI\user_sw\Documentation\Patch - will be either 1-19YHJ1 or 1-17ZNU1.

I'm interested in the synch'ing background: how does Fiery EX-1000 grab the media library of the PC-UI? I heard something about FTP. I guess the PC-UI pushes the lib to an FTP account on the Fiery. If so, can I check if the FTP service is working correctly, e.g. by connecting from the PC-UI to the Fiery's FTP server via commandline (ftp command)? What's the FTP user and password? Can I check if the Fiery FTP service is "listening" on the correct IP address 100.100.100.2? Is it possible that the Windows firewall on the Fiery blocks the synch'ing? What services are responsible for the synch'ing process?
    Don't know the full Ins & Outs of how it works - however there is an XML file on the PCUI which has all the relevant info for the Paper Catalogue - I do know that the Paper Catalogues are unique to each PCUI - i.e if you had two EX1000's & forwarded a job between each the Paper Catalogue Info does not come across - unless you edit this XML file to match the other PCUI..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 09-25-2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Don't know what version the Fiery is running ? V 1.1 or 1.3 but you you'll find the patch in E:\EFI\user_sw\Documentation\Patch - will be either 1-19YHJ1 or 1-17ZNU1.
    We're running v 1.3 and in the path you can find the file 1-19YHJ1.exe. The readme file says:
    1. 1-19YHJ1.exe
    This patch should be installed in environments where the IP address
    of the Press User Interface and IOT are changed from the default values.
    The Fiery server assumes that the Press User Interface is configured
    with this IP address: 192.168.0.3

Use 1-19YHJ1.exe when the IP address on the Press User Interface
    will be changed to: 100.100.100.3

To Install the patch:
    a. Double-click on 1-19YHJ1.exe
    b. Click Next
    c. Click Accept when prompted with the License Agreement
    d. Enter a password of:
    Fiery.1
    e. Enter the IP address of the Fiery for the Hostname
    f. Click on Connect
    g. Click Download
    h. When Downloading and File extraction is complete, click Next
    i. Ensure "Restart Fiery Service" is selected, Click Finish

NOTE: The Fiery system will restart and then reboot automatically.

j. Print a configuration page to verify that the patch was successfully installed.
    k. The Fiery is now ready to connect to the Press User Interface
    with an IP address of: 100.100.100.3
    Sounds like what I was searching for. Great, thanks!

Default Xerox 800 pcui &fiery sync problem

Hi to all
    We have been really confused about the xerox color 800 that we bought recently. First the paper catalog was inactive for a few days. We managed to handle the problem after trying patch installation and reinstalling fiery software more than 20 times. For 5 days the machine worked just fine. Out of the blue, it failed to work giving a 24-213 fault error and showing no signs of connection between pcui and the print engine. We tried reinstalling the PCUI (user interface dell optiplex780) several times but no result gained . It even failed to install the diagnostic tool. It took us nearly two days to resolve that problem and have the pcui fully reinstalled and had the PCUI and print engine fully connected. Just when we thought we can celeberate we realized the machine fails to print as the paper catalog on cws5 failed to show the paper catalogs that were defined on the pcui(meaning the fiery was not connected to the pcui). The 27-315 fault code pops up and the paper catalog does not sync. Its getting really frustrating. Has anyone experienced something similar? My colleague thinks the pcui
    installation software is faulty but I have a hunch that it has something to do with wrong setting and /or compatibility.
    Could any one help please?
    Thank you all

Do you have paper names having special characters (non-ASCII)?

I don't know für CP800/1000 Press but for other systems non-ASCII characters causes the Fiery software to crash. So this could be a problem when synch'ing Paper Catalog from IOT or PCUI to the Fiery.

On other systems, as soon as you delete or rename those paper names, Fiery will restart and everything works just fine. Did you already try?

+ Reply to Thread