Thread: CWS 5.3.0.57 crash when connecting / Absturz bei Verbindung zu Xerox 1000

TomG is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor TomG is on a distinguished path

Question CWS 5.3.0.57 crash when connecting / Absturz bei Verbindung zu Xerox 1000

CWS 5.3.0.57 installed directly on the Fiery EX-1000 for Xerox Colour 1000 Press runs quite stable.

But if you install CWS 5.3.0.54 or 5.3.0.57 on a client PC and connect to XC1000 it crashes after a couple of seconds and disconnects (tested only on Windows 7 x64). This error occurs every time (reproduceable), so you have to use 5.2.x for a stable environment but cannot use the enhanced image viewer.

Ideas? Solutions?

--

German: Die CWS 5.3.0.57 läuft soweit stabil, wenn sie direkt auf der Fiery EX-1000 für die Xerox Colour 1000 Press installiert ist.

Aber wenn man CWS 5.3.0.54 oder 5.3.0.57 auf einem Client PC installiert und zur XC1000 verbindet, stürzt diese nach einigen Sekunden ab (nur getestet unter Windows 7 x64). Der Fehler passiert jedes Mal (reproduzierbar), so dass man 5.2.x für eine stabile Umgebung verwenden muss, aber dann kann man den Enhanced Image Editor nicht verwenden.

Ideen? Lösungen?

Hi TomG,

We don't face the same issue from our Windows 7 64-bit client test PC.
    Do you notice anything interesting from the Windows event log? Do you use the same user for installing and using it? Did you try to test with the Fiery switched to English (from the Fiery setup)? Please make sure no Fiery ports (...) are disabled when testing.
    We have a new version of CWS5 released with the new EX1000 v2.0, and also a new version will be posted on our Website (somewhere end of October). It is worth testing it, once available.
    All I can think of now,

thanks,
    l-

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent_H View Post
    We don't face the same issue from our Windows 7 64-bit client test PC.
    We've had the same problem again on a customers client PC about 10 days ago with Win7x64 and CWS 5.3.0.54 and 5.3.0.57.
    Do you notice anything interesting from the Windows event log?
    I have to check that when I'm not that busy.
    Do you use the same user for installing and using it?
    Yes.
    Did you try to test with the Fiery switched to English (from the Fiery setup)?
    No, could be worth a try but even if this helps it's not an acceptable solution for our German customers.
    Please make sure no Fiery ports (...) are disabled when testing.
    No, all ports are enabled.

Not sure if its the same problem, but i have had the same sort of problem, with none connecting and crashing, and I found it was when the external fiery had its windows updated, and the virus / firewall is enabled, it was stopping the fiery communicate with my xerox press.

Try turning off the windows internal firewall / virus stuff..... and see if it solves it, if it does move over to a better firewall / virus software than using windows internal..
    But make sure you keep an eye on it as it resets every update..

Neil

The Windows Firewall is disabled. When trying to disable the firewall, a message comes up telling me that the service "Windows-Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing" is disabled and asks if I want to enable it now. Of course I said no. As far as I can see there's no other firewall or anti-virus software installed or running, even no MS Defender.