Thread: Cannot connect to Fiery Z4 using Command Workstation or Fiery Remote Scan

Threaded View

Default Cannot connect to Fiery Z4 using Command Workstation or Fiery Remote Scan

Good day. I am having difficulties connecting to the Fiery Z4 using Fiery Remote Scan and Fiery Command Workstation. I can access the Fiery Z4 using a web browser by typing its static ip address (reserved and automatically assigned by the router). I have no problems printing using the copier connected to the Fiery Z4.

I tried using the software from here. I then select Windows (all versions). FieryScanPC_3.4.5.zip installs a twain plugin in C:\Windows\twain_32\FieryScan while toshz4v11awscan.exe installs a twain plugin in C:\Windows\twain_32. I've read about Command Workstation and Fiery Scan software and I was able to find a download link and installed it.

Here's our setup:

Copier Connected to the Z4: Toshiba FC-22

Fiery Z4 O.S.: Windows NT

Client Computer O.S.: Windows Vista (32 bit)
    Processor: Intel Q6600
    Memory: 4gb
    Command Workstation Version: 5.3.0.57
    Fiery Remote Scan Version: 5.7.1.21
    Firewall is OFF

What's Working:
    • Fiery Web Tools (Remote Access to the Server Settings using a browser)
    • Printing through TCP/IP
    • Scanning using IrFanView (Flatbed scanning only, does not scan papers in the Automatic Document Feeder)
    • Adding the copier and clicking Webtools in Fiery Bridge

What's Not Working:
    • Cannot connect to Fiery Remote Scan 5 (Error message: Error... Server function is not available. After Pressing OK, Error... The Fiery server is not responding.)
    • Cannot connect to Fiery Z4 using Command Workstation (If the wrong password is entered for Administrator, it would say Invalid Username or Password. If the correct password is entered, it will prompt you to enter the password again and again. It's an infinite loop.)
    • Double clicking the Copier in Fiery Bridge will open a login prompt. Entering the correct credentials give the same errors as Fiery Remote Scan 5 (Error message: Error... Server function is not available. After Pressing OK, Error... The Fiery server is not responding.)

Since I can print using a copier connected to the Z4 and configure server settings via browser, I would like to be able to scan with the Toshiba FC-22 using the automatic document feeder. The scanned files can be either emailed or transferred to any of the client computers. I've read the brochure for this product and network scanning is supposed to be a feature. If I am using the wrong software, please let me know which one to use. Thank you for reading my post.
    Last edited by apd_dbt; 09-21-2011 at 12:57 PM.