Thread: Help! Need x86 drivers for 50-45C-KM to run on Server 2008R2 SP1

Default Help! Need x86 drivers for 50-45C-KM to run on Server 2008R2 SP1

Hi Folks

I have a Konica Minolta C552 connected to a Fiery E10 50-45C-KM Colour server.
    The clients connect to my file server running 2008R2SP1 which of course is 64bit. The driver is "Fiery E10 50-45V-KM PS1-1eu" and you can print fine from the server.

When clients 32 bit clients (XP) connect for the first time I have to have them navigate to a server share to install the 32bit drivers. This is very annoying and I want to install the 32bit drivers on the server.

However, whatever I try I can't get it to install these drivers. I've tried adding the drivers in Print Management > Print Server > Drivers and the usual going to the sharing tab > additional drivers but it just will not work.

It just keeps asking for I386 or NTPRINT files all the time.... I pulled the drivers direct from the Fiery device and they work fine when the 32bit client browses to them.

Please help!

Thanks

Hello Mark,

This should work for you.

1. Install the driver on the 64-bit Server and share the printer.
    2. From a 32-bit XP client, log in as a user with Administrative rights to the 64-bit Server.
    3. [Optional] Install the driver locally on the 32-bit client. (This ensures the ntprint and pscript files are available on the 32-bit client.)
    3. Choose Start, Run, \\64bitServerName (You should see a Printers and Faxes folder.)
    4. Open or double-click the Printers and Faxes folder.
    5. Choose File, Server Properties, Driver tab.
    6. Choose Add from the Driver tab and follow the Add Printer Driver Wizard.
    7. Choose Have Disk from the Wizard and browse to the Fiery driver directory containing the oemsetup.inf file.
    8. Select the highest level 32-bit OS available and complete the wizard.
    9. Complete the Wizard and 32-bit drivers should now be installed on the server.
    10. You should now be able to add the shared printer from step 1 on a 32-bit client.

The basic concept here is to use a 32-bit client to upload the 32-bit driver to the 64-bit Server.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Bruce