Thread: Set Page Device for Fiery System 9 R2

MicroPat is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MicroPat is on a distinguished path

Question Set Page Device for Fiery System 9 R2

On some platforms working under System 8, we use the Set Page Device command to route documents to the correct output trays without any user intervention.

With the System 9, the XJXMediaWeight setting is no more understood by the System, only the support type XJXMediatype is interpreted.

Can you tell me if a such command has been developped to support the System 9 engines.

Regards.
    MicroPat

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Micropat,

What RIP / Engine / Vendor etc do you have ? reason for asking is that SPD is now featured in System10 CWS ( Once enabled in Configure - You can enter Job Properties & map in there ) you can map trays directly to stocks & Paper Catalogue without coding it into the Postscript - I was wondering whether there was an upgrade path for your particular RIP / Engine..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

MicroPat is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor MicroPat is on a distinguished path

Default RIP, engine, vendor and so on ...

What :
    RIP = Fiery System 9R2
    Engine = E-41 connected to Aries and E-41A connected to Taurus
    Vendor = Ricoh

I heard the System 10 has this functionnality featured in.
    With System 8, we have to use the SPD PostScript command to input in the Fiery RIP, but which situation with the System 9 ?

Regards

We've released patches to Ricoh which enable some SPD support. You'll want to talk to your regional Ricoh support desk and ask whether they've received them from Japan yet. If you run into a wall there, PM me and tell me which helpdesk you're dealing with.

I'm also curious about which System8 Fierys are you comparing to. Ricoh-wise, the patches we've released are the first time we've pushed that functionality out to pre-System10 Fierys.

Default Regional support to request the informztion I need ...

I belong to the Ricoh France company and deal with the Ricoh Europe support. So, I have to contact them to request to Ricoh Japan the patches I need.
    Unfortunatly, I'm afraid I have to wait for a long time to receive any patch from their side. I would like to accelerate the process to pick up the patches you released to Japan but it will take some time.

About the System8 I installed the SPD command, it was on one EB-1357 v1.1 and it works fine. Thank you for your help.

Regards

Default RE response

Hi MicroPat,

The SPD support does not come out as a feature out of the box. It is an additional feature, that requires customization. Therefore, your escalation to Ricoh Europe support, will be forwarded to the Ricoh Technology Center, who deals with customizations.

With a deadline of 2 weeks since issuing this thread on EFI forums, I have doubts this deadline can be met unless the patch is sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Kind regards,
    Richard.