Thread: Unrecoverable internal error - will i format... again?

Hybrid View

Default Unrecoverable internal error - will i format... again?

---------------------------
    C7000/Fiery: FATAL: Assertion Failed!
    Source code file efi_basics
    Source code line 846
    Message Unrecoverable internal error.

hit Retry to enter debugger
    hit Ignore to ignore the problem and continue execution
    hit Abort to terminate

hit Ctrl+C to place this text into clipboard

Interrompi Riprova Ignora

This is the problem, windows starts correctly, but the fiery subsystem doesn't. if i try "restart fiery" or restart windows or shutdown and unplug and restart again i have no result; when the OS try to starts fiery sub system it give back that errror. it is the 4th times in 10 month, i just shutdown the system and next morning when i turn on it give to me same error,i have to formatted to fix and really i can't handle with that, someone has any ideas to fix that?

Fiery system 9.0 (all autoupdated today ver.) on KM C7000 press
    Winsows XP Professional (all autoupdated today ver.)
    if you need some other info just ask

As you probably know, to definitively determine an error that happens 4 times in 10 months is not a given.

You do not mention Fiery model / version connected to your C7000.

I will assume it is a v1.0 IC-306 external controller with attached keyboard, monitor, and mouse.

On Fiery itself, have you already gone to Start / All Programs / Fiery / System Updates, and installed all available patches there?

What patches are installed now (and presumably were installed just prior to last rebuild you were forced to do because of error)

a.) Via CWS5, log-in to IC-306 as Operator or Administrator
    b.) go to Device Center Tab, then General tab, then Server Configuration
    c.) Select System Updates, then write down all patch ID's listed under Fiery Updates.

Meanwhile, I would suggest using Fiery Clone Tool to image your Fiery. That way, if you have to rebuild it again, you can do it much quicker.

Yes it is a v1.0 IC-306 external controller with attached keyboard, monitor, and mouse.
    I don't kown about patches installed,I go to Start / All Programs / Fiery / System Updates, and, after rebuild, I install all available patches there before restart working.

I'm writing this morning because it appened again, it's really frustrating for me.
    I had a KM C65HC before that and i didn't have any problems for more than one year so i think that i'm not the problem, do you think that it can be some hardware problem?
    Thank you Dario

I'll ask again...

What patches are installed now?
    a.) Via CWS5, log-in to IC-306 as Operator or Administrator
    b.) go to Device Center Tab, then General tab, then Server Configuration
    c.) Select System Updates, then write down all patch ID's listed under Fiery Updates

I will say I have heard of this happening at one site with IC-306. They reported that upgrade to v2.0 dramatically reduced frequency of this error. They went from seeing this issue 2-3 times a day to about once a week. (KM and EFI are still working with customer in order to eliminate error altogether)

Thank you! Today i installed a patch called "Fiery boots up with a fatal error". so i really would like to say thank you for you work.

Hi guys, since i installed the patch "Fiery boots up with a fatal error" i'm experiencing some problem with scan. when i try to get my documents via HTTPS from my mac with firefox in the RIP "apache.exe" crash and i have to restart the rip. any sug?