Thread: Feiry.exe has generated errors

Hybrid View

Default Feiry.exe has generated errors

I am getting the error "Fiery.exe has generated errors and will be shut down by windows" only when you start to impose a variable data print job.

This is a A3100 imagepress with CWS4

any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

A couple things here - First, your A3100 should be at system software version 2.0. If not, I'd suggest you have your dealer upgrade to V2.0.

I'd also recommend using the latest CWS version - CWS 5.3.0.57 as this version has resolved many stability issues.

Next, if the problem persists, I would recommend opening a case with your regional Canon Support organiazation for further escalation.

Thanks,

Karl
    ----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by markrogers2 View Post
    I am getting the error "Fiery.exe has generated errors and will be shut down by windows" only when you start to impose a variable data print job.

This is a A3100 imagepress with CWS4

any help would be appreciated.

Default Local Canon Support

Maybe this is soemthing EFI should pick up with all OEMS. In particular Canon Europe is not able to provide proper support for EFI Rips. Basic problems like how does image shift work is no problem but more difficult problems like " why do pdf's that show hairlines do print them on 1200 dpi but not on 600 dpi" have proven to be too much of a challenge for Canon.

Maybe im telling the wron person but every bit helps i guess.