Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS undefined error, offending command T1_"gsave"

Default PS undefined error, offending command T1_"gsave"

Running CWS 5.3.0.57 when the rip refused to process a file. I resaved the file hoping whatever was the problem would have corrected itself, which did not happen. The file came from InDesign CS5.5. I've heard there has been some issues with the way PDf files are written and am wondering of this is one of them.

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

Default Not an answer but maybe more info

I have seen this error recently. I got it when I imported a PDF file into the Fiery, but not when I when I used the print driver to get it onto the Fiery. The file appears to come from Adobe CS but I'm not sure what version. The file was saved as PDF-1.6 compatible.

This sounds like it has more to do with the Fiery processing the file and not the Command WorkStation version. Can you tell us which Fiery model and version you are using?

Can you find out which InDesign version is used and is it on Mac or Windows? Is the InDesign Export function used to generate the PDF files and if so, which job options are used?

Thank you,

Bob

Default PS Undefined Error Offending Command T1_gsave

I am using Command Workstation 5.3.0.57 with an Konica-Minolta C7000. This has happened just a few minutes ago.

Taking the PDF in InDesign and trying to output again as a workaround does not work.

Can you be more specific about how you are generating the PDF file? It sounds like it is coming from InDesign, but are you using the Export function to export a PDF file or are you using a Print command to print to PDF? Which joboptions are you using?

How are you submitting the PDF files to the Fiery? Are you importing via Command WorkStation or submitting to a Hot Folder?

Does this only happen on certain files or does it happen on all files coming from InDesign?

Also which Fiery and which version do you have connected to your C7000? IC-306 or IC-413?

More details will help diagnose the issue.

Thank you,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by kmbs-dcd View Post
    I have seen this error recently. I got it when I imported a PDF file into the Fiery, but not when I when I used the print driver to get it onto the Fiery. The file appears to come from Adobe CS but I'm not sure what version. The file was saved as PDF-1.6 compatible.
    Thanks for the input. I tried using the print driver on my computer and it filtered out the offending problems. Now for EFI to get on the ball would be nice. Using CWS with Konica-Minolta C7000.

Can you reproduce this error at will, or is it random?

If you can reproduce every time, please provide specifics of your workflow, versions, etc. (and test file...)

Have you been working with your KM dealer to resolve this issue? If so, what have they told you?.

Has you Fiery been fully patched using Fiery's System Updates Utility?

I am having this same issue on a C8000 running cws 5.3.0.57 when doing the same type of job importing variable data PDF job into cws. oddly enough I have a C7000 sitting right next to it running an older version of CWS 5.3.0.?? and it imports the exact same file with no problem. I am out of the area this evening but I will check in the next couple of days by connecting the 7000 to the cws 5.3.0.57 and see if I can generate the same error and vice versa. I will post the answer on Monday.

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

Default Errors on EFI sample files

I have seen this error on units in the showroom. The files in question were EFI provided sample files for KM which had been processed and held in the hold queue for several months and reprinted without issue.

One Monday I went into the showroom and hit print on these files and all of them gave me this error. I have seen this error on several IC306's (v1.1) when files have been imported into the Fiery via drag and drop on the hold queue in CWS. If you take these same files and print them to the IC306 they will print, but every time you drag and drop them in they fail with this error.

I assume the difference is that the print driver will convert the PDF to PS via the print driver. Given that it started on more than one unit on the same day I am led to believe that this problem arose due to an automatic update.

There is a tech pub out now and a patch that fixes the issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast