Thread: Solved: Fiery System 9: different installer DVDs for EFI Impose Acrobat/PitStop

TomG is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor TomG is on a distinguished path

Thumbs up Solved: Fiery System 9: different installer DVDs for EFI Impose Acrobat/PitStop

Solved: for your information

We have a Xerox Colour 560 and a Xerox Color 1000 Press each with EX-Fiery Print Server (external, not embedded).

The EX-Fiery comes with a green dongle and installer DVDs for Acrobat 9.1 and PitStop. New since Fiery System 9: Before installing Acrobat/PitStop an installation of CWS5 is required and the dongle must be present.

I was using the Acrobat/PitStop DVD from Xerox 1000 and the EFI Impose dongle from Xerox 560 and it was not working.

I found out that the Xerox 1000 comes with a green dongle for SeeQuence Impose-Compose and the Xerox 560 with an Impose dongle only. So the Acrobat/PitStop installer from Xerox 1000 requires the Impose-Compose dongle while the installer from Xerox 560 is already working with the Impose dongle (no Compose required).

The EFI Acrobat/PitStop installer DVDs from Xerox 1000 and 560 look alike so I didn't see a difference.

TomG is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor TomG is on a distinguished path

Strange... I got your answers via email notification but cannot see them here in the forum. I just see my own posting.

What I wanted to say: the DVDs look alike but don't seem to be the same. Otherwise the EX1000 installer wouldn't request an Impose-Compose dongle while the EX560 installer works with the Impose dongle.

It's clear to me that EX1000 comes with all featured and is much more pricey.

I'm talking about the situation when installing Acrobat/PitStop an a client and not on the Fiery itself.

I'm never using the User Software (Disc 2) to install on a client because usually we get the latest Fiery Application Package from the EFI website. So I don't know if Disc 2 prompts for the Acrobat DVD and doesn't check for the dongle... But I know that the Acrobat installer detects if CWS5 is not installed or the dongle is not present when installing it manually.