Thread: "docs are unavailable" error

Hybrid View

Default "docs are unavailable" error

While trying to access the web tools from a browser (in order to create a new scan mailbox) I recevied an "docs are unavailable" error. It always start with the situation where the Remote scan 5 can't open "guest" mailbox, continue with no access to the web tools from the printer itself (Xerox DC700 / DC260) and finishes with the above error while trying to do it from a computer. Nothing helps to solve it, other than the clone tool (or complete reinstall of the system). Prodect is usualy EX260.
    Thanks
    Nitzan

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Nitzan,

Are you accessing via Safari ? as certain versions kill the Apache Server on the Fiery - try Firefox or IE - when you get the error it will normally come back with "mydocs.exe " service not running - do a ctrl alt del & task manger - processes tab on the Fiery & you will probably find that the service has stopped & restarting manually wont fix it only a complete reboot..

On the Ver 1.5 External EX700 I think this patch helped with my customer 1-18E35W - but as I say that was from Safari - the actual fix was to get the customer to upgrade their version of Safari..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

there are indeed patches for that error, but sometimes they dont help

i have fixed it once on a 260 by restoring fiery settings to factory default (not a cômplete system restore)
    you can find it under the config panel

bu sure to make a backup first

Please make sure that the cumulative patch 1-1A54EZ is installed on the EX260.

It includes 1-1A54EZ-725560105: My Docs Services Fails to Launch on a specific Server Configuration and other related scan defects.

thanks,
    l-