Thread: Urgent Help!!!!

edwardthompson is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor edwardthompson is on a distinguished path

Default Urgent Help!!!!

Im using the new workstation 5. everytime i close the worksation and re-open every working day i need to add paper weight etc into the tool bars in the Job Centre tab as shown in the attatchement.

Does anyone know once i have added to the tabs how to save them, so that i do not have to do this each time i open a new workstation session?

Thanks

Default toolbar settings

I could not reproduce the issue you are seeing.
    I am using latest version of CWS downloaded from the http://www.efi.com/cws5
    I have added several tabs to the default tool bar, closed Command WorkStation, opened it again and all settings are retained.
    Please note that settings are server specific which means that if you have 3 different controllers listed in CWS you can specify, for each controller, different tool bar settings.
    If you have controller A, B, C and you would like all 3 controllers to have the same settings in the tool bar, you will have to connect to each controller separately and define the desired settings.

Thanks

Typically I have only seen this problem if the CWS application failed to close properly, such as if it was forcibly shut down or something on my computer crashed. The problem was that because CWS didn't close down properly, it didn't save the column settings I had made in the most recent session of CWS. You might try to set the columns in the Job Center the way you want, and then disconnecting/reconnecting the Fiery to see if the columns are retained. And then closing and reopening CWS.

My two cents,
    Mike

edwardthompson is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor edwardthompson is on a distinguished path

I think that this could be our problem

Thanks for your feedback