Thread: Fiery S300 and HP Z2100

Default Fiery S300 and HP Z2100

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased a heap of stuff from a "going out of business" print shop.

One of the items is a Fiery S300 Print Server I was hoping to use as a RIP for my (currently non-rip) HP Z2100. Previously this item was hanging off a Konica Minolta C500.

We have a number of Fiery's here controlling most of our colour printers, however I have never re-set up an existing unit onto a wide format machine.

Currently the S300 has a (I assume) proprietry card and cable that was used to connect to the C500 ... I assume this is now useless.

What steps should I take to use this on my Z2100? do I simply just connect it in to the network before the Z2100? or do I need custom connection parts? obviously I will need to re-configure the software to work with the different machine ... is there a guide for this somewhere? ... hoping someone can point me in the right directions.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

regards

andrew

It's my understanding that all Fiery units are machine specific and will not work for any other print engine. That S300 Fiery is only good for running a KM C500, that's it. That's why they have different models for each machine and don't just sell the RIP software on its own.

You may want to check this thread on printplanet.com your printer/RIP issue is specifically addressed there:
    http://printplanet.com/forums/wide-f...4-rip-question
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.