Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: regarding "starting please wait" error

Default regarding "starting please wait" error

Hello everybody,
    My name is Nitzan and I work in Xerox Israel.
    We experience a lot of "starting please wait" errors in all Efi products (EX260, EX700, EXP50 etc..)
    Nothing helps other than using the clone tool or fully reinstall the system.
    When I say "a lot", I mean a lot... almost every week.
    Does anyone have any idea why such a thing happens?
    According to Efi's support, we're the only one that report such a thing!
    However, in the EXP50 there is a specific patch / update for the exact (or similar) issue.
    Thanks a lot
    Nitzan

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Nitzan,

Can you give us a little more detail..? e.g

We experience a lot of "starting please wait" errors in all Efi products (EX260, EX700, EXP50 etc..)

When you boot / restart a Fiery you will get this message.. but it should then come to Ready. does this happen ? or do you get this when processing a job ? of if the engine has been asleep & then awakes or when ..?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Default Some details

Thanks for your quick response.
    It happens only while the the computer boot after a restart or shutdown.
    I know it appears and then changes to ready / proccesing, but when it happens, it never passes this error, just staying at the left top corner of the screen. I've talked to Laurent and John Feenel about it, but with no result.
    Thanks
    Nitzan

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Nitzan,

I wonder if it is trying to install patches that have been previously down loaded. Try going to sys updates & turning off Auto Update, then on your D: Drive have a look in D:\sysupdates\data ( I think this is right ) & see whether you have anything in there ? if you have - delete everything out of there & then reboot.

Does the Fiery come ready ?

Default I'll do it

Since I don't have any Faultly controller at the moment, I'll check it once it happens again.
    Your explanation sounds very reasonable, altough in most cases the Auto Update is usually off.
    I'll keep you posted,
    Many thanks
    Nitzan

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

same thing happens here with our xerox 550 , just random

auto update was off, and just some dll in that folder, no big deal i think?

Default well, it doesn't sound like a big deal...

yet, we have no solution at all for this issue.
    I wonder how come the EXP50 has an update for this "starting please wait" bug, while other products have not.

Hi Nitzi,

I assume you mean patch 1-16NAPJ for the EXP50 ? this patch was actually for an "Assertion Error" that caused the "Starting Please Wait" as the Fiery would generally be required to restart..

I think you might be falling into the same trap as a lot of the contributors to this forum in that a local issue wherever that may be, is posted and the assumption is that the local experience is being replicated globally - which generally isn't the case.

Since you are Xerox Israel you must be aware of your own escalation procedures for capturing the necessary data in order to raise a log for escalation -you could even capture a clone & ftp over to Welwyn or Villepointe depending on the product ? If it is happening as often as you say it should be relatively easy to reproduce & fix..?

Default Clone it

Well. I have never used an escalation procedures... I'll check it with my other collegues. Since I spoke to some people from the technical support, I assumed that we, in I srael, do something complettly wrong, as they said it's not a known issue worlwide.. But, believe me, it does happen a lot!
    Yes, I also think it should be quiete easy to fix it.
    I'm not sure I fully understand the the clone procedure. Isn't it being used to recover a fauiler system to it's default state? Or, do you suggest that once it happens I use the clone to "record" the current situation and send it over?
    therfore, one last question, which is the right clone tool for EX260 DFE?

Thanks
    Last edited by nitzi; 08-18-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Hemlock is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Hemlock is on a distinguished path

I had the same problem back in April on an E-80 attached to a Ricoh C900. Even after the reinstall of the Fiery software, it persisted. I think it went away after a full system wipe.

But yeah, it's not just you who's seen this, Nitzi.
    Fiery E-80 driving a Ricoh C900; Micropress v8.3 tethered to a Ricoh 1107 & 1357.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast