+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: EFI has released a universal Mac OS X 10.7 Fiery Print Driver

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    259

    Default EFI has released a universal Mac OS X 10.7 Fiery Print Driver

    EFI has released a Fiery Express Driver which is a universal driver that can be used with any Fiery. The driver will provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. The Fiery Express Driver is a solution that can be installed on any Macintosh using Mac OS X 10.7 to provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. Macintosh OS X 10.7 users who want to print using Fiery features should print to the Fiery “Held” queue then use Command WorkStation 5.x to edit the Job Properties.


    The Fiery Express driver will support the following features for Fiery printing:
    • Duplex
    • Stapling
    • Output Paper Size
    • Color Mode
    • Composite Overprint

    Please see the attached driver and Fiery Express Driver Setup Guide for additional information.

    EFI has also posted this driver and setup guide on EFI’s public download site
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default DocuColor 240/250 with built-in Fiery controller Support & Drivers

    Hi this has been added to the Xerox website, do they check the new drivers before adding them to compatible printer list.. as the Docu 240/250/242/252 is not listed within the printer list.

    DocuColor 240/250 with built-in Fiery controller Drivers & Downloads http://bit.ly/q3HseW

    DocuColor 240/250 with built-in Fiery controller Support & Drivers
    File Download: Mac OS X Universal Binary Print Driver 10.7
    Filename UBPD_2.32.0_611.dmg
    Version 2.32.0-611
    Date Jul 22, 2011
    Size 70.8 MB
    PPDs and plugins for PowerPC- and Intel-based Macintosh systems running Mac OS X 10.5,10.6,10.7

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default trouble with cf3102

    I have a Konica Minolta CF3102
    Stopped working with the update to Mac OSx Lion
    After Installation - Test Print Cause 'Pause'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    EFI has released a Fiery Express Driver which is a universal driver that can be used with any Fiery. The driver will provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. The Fiery Express Driver is a solution that can be installed on any Macintosh using Mac OS X 10.7 to provide basic feature support for Fiery printing. Macintosh OS X 10.7 users who want to print using Fiery features should print to the Fiery “Held” queue then use Command WorkStation 5.x to edit the Job Properties.


    The Fiery Express driver will support the following features for Fiery printing:
    • Duplex
    • Stapling
    • Output Paper Size
    • Color Mode
    • Composite Overprint

    Please see the attached driver and Fiery Express Driver Setup Guide for additional information.

    EFI has also posted this driver and setup guide on EFI’s public download site

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12

    Default Update

    So this is an updated driver for people who were using this Fiery Driver Software for Mac 10.6 before? Which was:

    Mac_User_Software.zip
    OS: Macintosh
    Type: Client Utilities
    Language: All Languages
    Comments: All Fiery Driver 2.9 and older Fiery Driver 3.0 versions cannot print
    on Mac OS X 10.6. Running
    File Size: 356407 bytes
    Date Released: 9/30/2009

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Does anyone know of any driver that will work in Mac OSX Lion for an image pass C1 on a Canon ir3220? I am looking for support for the printer feature fiery job notes/owner information. The intel driver works but the fiery job notes are not compatible with all of the 'apple' applications (safari, preview, etc.) when using department IDs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Foster City, CA
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Unfortunately, there is nothing newer than the Intel Mac driver specific to the imagePASS C1 as it has been discontinued for several years.

    You could (at your own risk) try using the driver for a newer product such as imagePASS H1 but that would still be unsupported (with the imagePASS C1).
    ------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeyer73 View Post
    Does anyone know of any driver that will work in Mac OSX Lion for an image pass C1 on a Canon ir3220? I am looking for support for the printer feature fiery job notes/owner information. The intel driver works but the fiery job notes are not compatible with all of the 'apple' applications (safari, preview, etc.) when using department IDs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation Same Problem with CF3102

    Quote Originally Posted by RWMaki View Post
    I have a Konica Minolta CF3102
    Stopped working with the update to Mac OSx Lion
    After Installation - Test Print Cause 'Pause'
    I have the same Problem. Cf3102 with Fiery X3e doesn't work at all. I've installed the driver a few times... PLEASE, EFI, help us!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Any Fiery model that connected to CF3102 (circa 2003) does not support printing via print driver 10.6 or 10.7

    You may try the Fiery Express Driver on a 10.7 Mac, as is mentioned earlier in this thread, but there is no guarantee it will work.

    Since you are working with latest OS version on this Mac, and presumably with latest applications that are supported by 10.7, you need to seriously consider upgrading your printer to current as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8

    Exclamation

    Hi!

    I know you guys are working on Updated Drivers for OS X Lion, but I just wanted to know if there was a timeline on when it would be available (2 months, 6 months, 8 months).

    My company is about to order some new iMacs (OSX Lion installed) and I am trying to get them to hold off until we know something from EFI. I haven't upgraded the current Mac because of the issues I am seeing in the forums with the 'temporary' update.

    Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

    Jason
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    - ImagePRESS C6000 with A1100 Fiery -

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Foster City, CA
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Hi Jason,

    I understand the situation.

    For an estimation as to when it would be available, we would need to refer you to Canon.

    In the meantime, the Universal Driver mentioned at the beginning of this thread is the temporary solution.

    Best Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayprint View Post
    Hi!

    I know you guys are working on Updated Drivers for OS X Lion, but I just wanted to know if there was a timeline on when it would be available (2 months, 6 months, 8 months).

    My company is about to order some new iMacs (OSX Lion installed) and I am trying to get them to hold off until we know something from EFI. I haven't upgraded the current Mac because of the issues I am seeing in the forums with the 'temporary' update.

    Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

    Jason
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    - ImagePRESS C6000 with A1100 Fiery -

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts