Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MAC OS X LION (10.7) / CWS won't work

Default Thank you Lorenz,

good to know. As i wrote before, my EyeOne Process Control Tool works fine. Also the Monitor-Profiling Tool - A bit surprised, that your Monitor-Profiler won't work (I ordered the Profiler Suite for my new Xerox-Device CP7000) :-(

So i hope for a Update from Xrite (or EFI).

Greetings from NRW

Ingolf

ImagePress VP 7000 A3100

DEVELOP 6500 IC-304

Canon IRADV 9600 GX300

Lorenz2 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Lorenz2 is on a distinguished path

Hi Ingolf,

well EFI says Monitor Tool will not work at the moment. If it works for you: fine :-).

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...-Compatibility

Cheers,

Lorenz
    Xerox Versant 80 with EX-80

Hi Lorenz,

please do not misunderstand - Monitor Profiling works in EyeOne Process-Control . . .

Cheers

Ingolf

Lorenz2 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Lorenz2 is on a distinguished path

Hi Ingolf,

ok now I got that :-).

EyeOne Process-Control is CANON (only) seems like they did another approach for the Fiery with the Monitor Profiler (for Xerox it's a OEM version of X-Rite's Match 3.6.x).

Cheers then let's just wait for an update of CPS3 for the Xerox users,

Lorenz
    Xerox Versant 80 with EX-80

Cool Cws5

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz2 View Post
    Hi there,

yeeeees - I know it's officially just day 1 after the launch but unfortunately CWS5 is the only app I have that won't work under Lion (10.7).

I can launch the application but searching and connecting to the Fiery does not work. When searching for an IP no result are shown. When I enter the IP the DNS-name get's resolved corrctly but connectiong to the Fiery leads to an error "can't open file '/private/etc/smb.conf' error 2: No such file or directory)".

I've read on the net that Apple dropped some SMB support therefore a fix or workaround from EFI is required. Any help appreciated...

Cheers,

Lorenz
    Im not even getting that far I get "You can't open the application Command WorkStation because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" BUT CWS4 is working fine. Im on a iMac 27" Intel

Default Files from Indesign are sent to CWS5 but having Properties errors HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER680 View Post
    Im not even getting that far I get "You can't open the application Command WorkStation because PowerPC applications are no longer supported" BUT CWS4 is working fine. Im on a iMac 27" Intel
    Hi upgraded to CWS 5 and recent drivers fix, all files are sending over and show up in the held queue but I keep getting errors and the Properties will not show up..

Fiery Command Workstation Error

Directory "/var/folders/pH' (error 13: Permission denied)
    Fiery Command Workstation Error

Directory '/var/folders/pH/pHbZ20jSGAK2OIhq6a1kBE+++/-Tmp/_APFT_'couldn't be created (error2: No such file or directory)
    Any Ideas would be welcome even a link to CWS 4 if that works

Thanks Rusty

I was having that problem, too. To fix it, I opened my CWS5 preferences, went to the Cache pane, and set the Cache Path to a different location. I believe that the location the cache had previously (which is pretty much the same as what you had) was a directory (/var/folders/etc) that didn't exist or is not writable to in 10.7. After changing the folder to a new folder that I could write to, I can use Job Properties normally.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Creation-Art View Post
    Hi upgraded to CWS 5 and recent drivers fix, all files are sending over and show up in the held queue but I keep getting errors and the Properties will not show up..

Any Ideas would be welcome even a link to CWS 4 if that works

Thanks Rusty

Default Mike thanks so much..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_R View Post
    I was having that problem, too. To fix it, I opened my CWS5 preferences, went to the Cache pane, and set the Cache Path to a different location. I believe that the location the cache had previously (which is pretty much the same as what you had) was a directory (/var/folders/etc) that didn't exist or is not writable to in 10.7. After changing the folder to a new folder that I could write to, I can use Job Properties normally.

-Mike
    Thanks Mike,

That certainly did the trick, sorry for not responding earlier just returned back after a couple of weeks off.. I was dreading the thought of returning and having to print from my old imac which was working but so slow..

very happy thanks again

Rusty

I see CWS 5.3.1 is released, but there is no mention of Lion compatibility, and the system requirements still say 10.6.

Any update to this? (and drivers too?)

All of my Mac clients are very concerned.

Saw tech ticker say that all of the applications are lion compatible (my bad for posting before looking there) so I decided to just go for it. Remote Scan, okay. Command Workstation, not so much.

Doesn't even launch. Immediate crash.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast