Thread: Custom Paper Size Problem

Default Custom Paper Size Problem

We have a Xerox 700 with Integrated Fiery Colour server. I send files from Indesign CS4 and I seem to be having a problem with the custom paper size. We print a lot of oversized A4 (225 x 320). The document size is smaller, but the paper size is set to this size. When the file arrives at the Command Workstation (5.3), the size often resets to 8.5 x 11. When I go back to the Indesign Print Dialogue box, and go through to the Fiery settings from there, the option is often greyed out.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Diana

To resolve the issue that you are seeing, you should define the page size within the Adobe print dialog (instead of using Fiery properties). Here are instuctions for both Mac and Windows:

Mac:
    1. Open your document in InDesign.
    2. Click File > select Print.
    3. Select your 700DCP Printer, and then click the Page Setup button.
    4. Next to 'Format For:', select your 700DCP printer.
    5. Next to 'Paper Size:', select your custom size or select Manage Custom Sizes to define a new custom size. After selecting the desired custom size, click OK.
    6. Back in the Adobe print dialogue, check the Setup tab and make sure Paper Size is set to 'Defined By Driver'.
    7. Print the job. The job will print on the desired custom size.

Windows:
    1. Open your document in InDesign.
    2. Click File > select Print.
    3. In the Adobe print dialog, select the Setup tab.
    4. Set Paper Size to 'custom', and adjust dimensions to your custom size.
    - or -
    Set Paper Size to 'Defined By Driver', click the Setup button to open the Print dialog, select your 700DCP printer, click Properties, and then define your paper size as a 'PostScript Custom Page Size' of the desired custom size. Click OK. Click Print.
    5. Print the job. The job will print on the desired custom size.

Default Custom Size Still Not working

Hi Chad

Thanks for your response. I have attached a screen shot showing the problem. I have set up the Custom Size of 320 x 225 in Page Set up of Indesign. I have followed your instructions and gone into the Printer dialogue, Fiery Settings, and the size is now greyed out and has defaulted to 8.5 x 11.

Still not sure how to get around this problem. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Attached Images