Command WorkStation 5.3 update is available
We are pleased to make available an updated version of Command WorkStation 5.3, the latest Command WorkStation 5 release.
This updated Command WorkStation version 188.8.131.52 offers the following improvements over the previous Command WorkStation 5.3 release:
- Command WorkStation 184.108.40.206 addresses some stability issues seen in previous versions that resulted in intermittent crashes and the inability to open Impose or Job Properties in certain instances.
- Some extraneous error messages appear when installing Command WorkStation 5.3 on a client running a Sophos antivirus program without recent updates.
- Image Enhance Visual Editor will successfully proof print a job after adjustments have been made to all pages for jobs that include special characters.
- Command WorkStation 220.127.116.11 resolves a problem where jobs submitted via Hot Folders with an Impose template printed with watermarks. To continue to use previously created hot folders, the Job Properties of each existing hot folder must be edited with the updated Hot Folders version.
- SeeQuence Impose uses Command WorkStation’s default values for units when imposing job.
Full details of the new functionality is available at efi.com/cws5. Highlights of the new functionality include:
While Command WorkStation 5.3 supports Fiery Servers running System 6 and above, please check the details at efi.com/cws5 to understand the minimum Fiery Server requirements to access some of the new functionality in Command WorkStation 5.3.
- Image Enhance Visual Editor for per image adjustments and corrections to get the perfect print without additional software or tools
- Imposition workflow improvements that support a trimbox workflow
- Integration with Fiery Color Profiler Suite to create, diagnose, compare, and edit color profiles directly from within Command WorkStation
- Overall improvements to the operator workflow
We are making this available as part of the Fiery Extended Applications Package for Windows and Macintosh, which includes Command WorkStation 5 and Hot Folders 3. Please note that Hot Folders 3 is only supported when connected to some Fiery server models. Command WorkStation 5.3 is also available as a separate download for Windows users for certain environments. More details can be found at efi.com/cws5.
Notes about installation of the Fiery Extended Applications Package:
- Before installing the Fiery Extended Applications package on a Macintosh, it is recommended to use the Fiery Software Uninstaller to remove previous versions of the Fiery Extended Applications.
- When installing the Fiery Extended Applications Release 3d package on a Windows client or Fiery, it is recommended to run the installer in the Release 3d package. You do not need to uninstall the previously installed Fiery applications; the Release 3d package will perform that step automatically. Installing the Fiery Extended Applications Release 3d package onto a Fiery requires that the user software on DVD2 provided with the Fiery already be installed on the Fiery.
- Upon completion of the installation of the Fiery Extended Applications Release package on a Fiery, it is recommended to restart the Fiery server. In some cases the installation process may not prompt for a restart and the Fiery will need to be restarted manually.
- After an installation of Command WorkStation software, a SeeQuence dongle may blink for up to one minute. Do not remove the dongle while it is blinking. New Command WorkStation software includes the latest device drivers for the dongles that enable the SeeQuence option packages. After a new version of Command WorkStation software is installed, the device driver may be updated. Once the device driver has been updated, the SeeQuence dongle may be removed.
Other release notes are also available.
For archival purposes, Command WorkStation 5.2 is still available from the following links:
Tags for this Thread