Thread: Booklet Printing in Coreldraw X3

Default Booklet Printing in Coreldraw X3

Hi All

I have a problem when printing boooklets from CorelDraw x3.
    I print it to hold qeue but it just sits on 33% or 100% but does not spool.

Eventually i have to Cancel job.

From PDf the Booklet printing is printing fine to hold qeue , no problem.

Please advice help.
    Printer Spec is DC250
    Efi Driver Version 3.0 ( Driver Version 6.1.7601.17514)

Please Advice / Help.

Thanks in advance
    Tai

k_graham is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor k_graham is on a distinguished path

How many pages is the book?

In Corel when printing - under the postscript Tab you can checkmark to Flatten complex images - this should be clicked every time as if you don't any path in excess of 10,000 nodes will simply not print. This type of thing can happen when someone converts a bitmap to a vector. you also have the option to reduce image resolution, you might try lowering as low as 200 dpi. It doesn't take to many 8.5x11 photos someone mistakenly scanned at 1000 dpi to choke a RIP. Unfortunately I believe its a 32 bit RIP environment and I think a 4 gig file is as large as can be created - is that correct EFI?

Corel lets you save the common print defaults such as Flatten complex images, optimize fountain fills, output raster images at 300 dpi, use crop marks, external only. I have a few
    set up, specifically with and without crop marks.

I think under the Misc. tab when in printing menu there is an option to change postscript level, you might try lowering to postscript level 2 I don't know if it is programs or the RIP thats not entirely level 3 but sometimes changing to level 2 does the trick.

As you are printing to the hold queue try printing a smaller page quantity and see if it sends in case the job is simply overloading the RIP.

If the job consists of some black pages and some color pages you will want crop marks turned off. Crop marks count as a color click even if they are off the page - exception being if you have set the Fiery to Grayscale so all color prints black and white.

Ken
    Ken Graham
    Docucolor 240, 250, 12, 12 external RIPs EXP250
    Canon IR7200, 105 with M1, M2 external RIPs
    and 1 broken down Ikon CPP500 internal RIP
    Community Printers.com

Sent from Linux computer -- see http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/

Default Booklet printing

Great Tip

It worked, Thanks a Mill.

Genius YOU...

Tai

k_graham is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor k_graham is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by TmanTai View Post
    Great Tip

It worked, Thanks a Mill.

Genius YOU...

Tai
    Which part did the trick for you, may I ask?

Another option is to set up the PCL5 print driver in place of postscript - The Fiery's usually handle postscript well but I have used this trick with HP and Canon and sped up printing immensely on complex documents - variable data also useful with other programs not as adjustable as Corel.

Ken
    Ken Graham
    Docucolor 240, 250, 12, 12 external RIPs EXP250
    Canon IR7200, 105 with M1, M2 external RIPs
    and 1 broken down Ikon CPP500 internal RIP
    Community Printers.com

Sent from Linux computer -- see http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/

Default Booklet Printing

Hi Ken

You wanted to know which part wporked for me.

When printing under the postscript Tab you can checkmark to Flatten complex images - this should be clicked every time and also under the Misc. tab when in printing menu there is an option to change postscript level to postscript level .

Thanks Guys
    TmanTai