Thread: Need Assistance - Xerox 700 DC with Fiery EX700

Hybrid View

Unhappy Need Assistance - Xerox 700 DC with Fiery EX700

Howdy all,

We just received a new Xerox 700 Digital Color Press that has an external Fiery (EX700) with it. I followed the Welcome instructions to plug it all up together and everything looked great. Fiery loaded right up and was able to access both the Fiery terminal through the Fiery as well as remotely on my laptop. I had the Fiery do an update check through the Webtool and found several updates needed or recommended, so I began to install each one by one and rebooting after each as the instruction stated to do so.

The problem occurred when after several Fiery and Windows updates later, all of a sudden I could no longer remote into the Fiery. I am able to ping it and get a good response with no packet loss as well as am able to connect through the Fiery Command Workstation (which itself is horribly out of date - version 4 something), but selecting it on the Xerox panel under Web Applications yields nothing (white screen then shows a time out error). Also, when I go into Webtools on the fiery itself and try to run update, I get a "Unable to load webpage" screen for the update window that would normally pop open. Also, running the System Update utility shows Windows updates that fail when attempting to load. The system is running V1.5 from what I am seeing.

I received a packet that has 1 Black "System Software Disc" and 1 Blue "User Software Disc" and want to know how I go about reloading the software on this Fiery. It seems an update screwed up and corrupted something along the way and I just want to reload it and start from scratch if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Slight correction, it is using Windows XP Pro FES (for embedded systems)

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

use the system discs to restore the fiery , dont use the user software disc, those are outdated...

after restore , install all patches , except for fiery SP4 , dont install XP updates... , you dont need to have sp3 and **** like that

after all updates are applied, except sp4 for fiery , download the latest driver from xerox.com , or the updated version applied with a fiery update on the ip adres of the fiery browser (downloads)

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

also call for a xerox engeneer to update the xerox x700 to the latest software, there are several new fixes, but this can only be done by a xerox engeneer...

also , on the www.efi.com site you download the CWS 5.x version

Thanks Fabio, but the system software disc only has a setup.exe barried in the Fiery folder. I tried running that and it got about halfway through loading files/extracting them before erroring out. As for the Xerox Engineer, that is technically me locally. Dahill is a Xerox company and I am the tech assigned to do this install. I do have higher up support I plan to call when I am back onsite tomorrow. As for CW 5.X, I tried downloading and installing 5.2 and it did install, but left the version 4.X on there and didn't update it. I can not find a way to remove the old version.

Really, I am looking to just nuke the whole setup and reimage the hard drive/software back to the beginning if possible. My assumption would mean that would need an image disc that includes the Windows XP FES, but I did not get that with the discs in the welcome package.

*Also* why not install SP4 update? Something wrong with it? I noticed that after the SP4 update in the install order list there is an "uninstall sp" update that is optional. I believe I got up to SP4 and the machine did its own thing in regards to Windows updates to SP3.