Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need Assistance - Xerox 700 DC with Fiery EX700

You should contact Xerox 2nd level support. They should be able to provide you with all the documentation you need. Thanks,

Onsite again now. Looks like the Black System Disc loaded a Linux kernel and I am now performing the re-installation. Will keep tabs on where it goes from there. Thanks for everyone's help so far again.

So, since the system restore disc is going to put the old version of Command Worstation, Calibration Utility, etc. back on there, how do I update it to the latest versions of the end user software on the Fiery workstation itself?

You can find all the newest utilities here. http://w3.efi.com/cws5/ Please read and follow directions. Let me know if you need help.
    Thanks, Craig

Thanks Craig,

Let me ask something additionally. When updating the Fiery through either Webtools or the update utility that comes in the Fiery end user software suite, can you do more than one at a time so long as you stay in the recommended order listed before rebooting the system or is it better to do each one and follow it with a reboot? Thanks.

You can check them all off, it will tell you if there's an exclusive patch that needs a reboot. Reboot and then check again.

Gus,

What happened was with the Windows update, it reset the security defaults on the External and now you does not allow remote access. To Fix, plug in a USB mouse keyboard and and a monitor and change the security settings to allow remote access. You should at this point be able to remote desktop in and the screen will re-appear on the x700

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    You can find all the newest utilities here. http://w3.efi.com/cws5/ Please read and follow directions. Let me know if you need help.
    Thanks, Craig
    Craig,

I do not see from that link the steps to update CWS from version 4.X to 5.X by either removing or overwriting the old copy. Where would I find those?

You need to use the Master Installer located at E:\efi\user_sw. Launch that and follow the steps to replace. Have you been in contact with Xerox 2nd level support regarding this issue? They should be able to answer all your questions. -Craig

Quote Originally Posted by mmetz79 View Post
    Gus,

What happened was with the Windows update, it reset the security defaults on the External and now you does not allow remote access. To Fix, plug in a USB mouse keyboard and and a monitor and change the security settings to allow remote access. You should at this point be able to remote desktop in and the screen will re-appear on the x700
    You can also enable remote desktop using configure through CWS or Web-Tools by going to Server>General>Enable Remote Desktop
    -Craig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast