+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CWS 5.x, imposition/booklet, and mixed media

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Default CWS 5.x, imposition/booklet, and mixed media

Back in the day, under CWS4, I could impose a document and then go back into the job ticket and do mixed media--and CWS fully grasped the situation and let me set definitions by SHEET (instead of page). Nice. So I could make a nice saddle stitched booklet and have a cover.

CWS5 deletes that capability. Any use of imposition or the booklet layout, either one, grays out the mixed media controls.

????? It seems like we've gone backwards here? Am I getting the expected results???

Hi adam1991,

Thank you for your feedback.

Your concern has been passed to the planning and engineering teams who are investigating the possibility of assigning media to sheets within Mixed Media in CWS 5.

In the meantime, I recommend using Impose to assign media to sheets. In the Sheet View, click the link below each sheet which will open a Page Range Media window which will automatically list all pages that are on that sheet. You can then select the desired media.

Bob

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Thanks. Hadn't thought of that. Will give it a try.

If you want you can save your imposition in pdf with seequence and now you will have acces to mixed media.

+ Reply to Thread