Thread: Win7 64 bit drivers for KM-C2230 / X3e

Default Win7 64 bit drivers for KM-C2230 / X3e

I have recently upgraded to Win7 64 bit, but can't find drivers for our Kyocera KM-C2230. I have tried drivers for other Kyocera printers and they come close to working, but won't let me access the folding/staple attachment, duplex or some of the other features of this printer.
    I am not experienced enough to know what information to give, but on my XP machine the download of the XP drivers have "IC-401" contained within the name of the zipped file, and when installed it lists as "Fiery X3e 22C-KM PS v2.0". I don't know if this XP information is of help, or relevance.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!

This Fiery is quite old. However there is a limited functionality Fiery Postscript printer driver available for it that will allow you to print from Windows 64-bit machines.

Go to:
    ftp.efi.com

username: customer
    password: cu$Tom3r

Look in "/KM-C2230 Kyocera" folder for driver Zip file.

Once unzipped you will also see it's release note. It describes installation, and limitations, for this driver.

k_graham is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor k_graham is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by leecanada View Post
    I have recently upgraded to Win7 64 bit, but can't find drivers for our Kyocera KM-C2230. I have tried drivers for other Kyocera printers and they come close to working, but won't let me access the folding/staple attachment, duplex or some of the other features of this printer.
    I am not experienced enough to know what information to give, but on my XP machine the download of the XP drivers have "IC-401" contained within the name of the zipped file, and when installed it lists as "Fiery X3e 22C-KM PS v2.0". I don't know if this XP information is of help, or relevance.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    You may try using your windows XP ppd within a later Fiery driver - http://bit.ly/roll-your-own-ps-driver
    Ken Graham
    Docucolor 240, 250, 12, 12 external RIPs EXP250
    Canon IR7200, 105 with M1, M2 external RIPs
    and 1 broken down Ikon CPP500 internal RIP
    Community Printers.com

Sent from Linux computer -- see http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/

I tried this, but did not work in my case. Thanks for the tip though.