Thread: Publisher file printing issue

Default Publisher file printing issue

I cannot get a Publisher file to print correctly to a KM bizHub C550/Fiery IC-409 system. A picture placed in the file shows a dark black box around it. The rest of the file's background is black and prints out as a lighter black color. I have tried Composite overprint and every other setting including none and no Colorwise in source profiles and Separate RGB/LAB to CMYK source. I tried it as a Composite RGB and CMYK in Advanced Print Settings in the print dialog box. I get different variations, none correct. I tried printing it out of Vue, but it does not print correctly from there either. I tried it on a Fiery/XC550 with the same poor results. It does print correctly to a PCL printer to a Xerox WorkCentre 7775 with a Xerox controller. The customer tells me it is many files, not just this one. Any ideas how this customer can print their files out of their Fiery? Thanks.

Have your KM dealer make sure this Fiery is fully patched. At minimum, 1-W5C85, 1-ZB8P6, and 1-1ZK6M4 should be installed.

You do not mention whether you are using this Fiery's PS driver or PCL driver. Have you tried both?

As a workaround, what happens if you save Publisher file to PDF, and then print to Fiery, or, import the PDF into Fiery via Command Workstation?

I think what might be happening in the black background anyhow is that the Fiery is converting equal values of RGB in the file to print as just black. I believe you want to adjust the "Gray/Black" setting under the colour options, basic settings. Turn RGB to "Off" and try it then. That may solve at least that problem!
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    Have your KM dealer make sure this Fiery is fully patched. At minimum, 1-W5C85, 1-ZB8P6, and 1-1ZK6M4 should be installed.

You do not mention whether you are using this Fiery's PS driver or PCL driver. Have you tried both?

I will check on the patch situation on the KM C550. The XC550 was fully patched. I tried both PCL and PS drivers.

As a workaround, what happens if you save Publisher file to PDF, and then print to Fiery, or, import the PDF into Fiery via Command Workstation?
    Tried creating and importing a PDF, printing from Acrobat and Print as Image. None was correct. (The file did not save as a PDF correctly. Athough it got rid of the black box, it saved and printed some part of the image that the customer says should print black.) So far nothing through the Fiery prints as the image displays in Print Preview in Publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by markdyck View Post
    I think what might be happening in the black background anyhow is that the Fiery is converting equal values of RGB in the file to print as just black. I believe you want to adjust the "Gray/Black" setting under the colour options, basic settings. Turn RGB to "Off" and try it then.
    That may solve at least that problem!
    Thank you for the suggestion, but my default setting was RGB "OFF".

k_graham is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor k_graham is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Lizinprint View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion, but my default setting was RGB "OFF".
    Outside of a program select your printer and preferences - Select Postscript and try Level 2 instead of level 3.

Let us know if it helps, if so you may prefer to leave it there. You should be able to confirm within Publisher that this setting is now defaulting to level 2.

While there change True Type setting to download as Softfont to save any future problems with incorrect font characters printing - at the cost of a small bit of speed.

My suggestion is to use NONE for RGB and CMYK and provide profiles within applications or operating system of computer. I think NONE will still be using the calibration information in the Fiery unlike OFF, someone from Fiery might care to elaborate.

Ken
    Ken Graham
    Docucolor 240, 250, 12, 12 external RIPs EXP250
    Canon IR7200, 105 with M1, M2 external RIPs
    and 1 broken down Ikon CPP500 internal RIP
    Community Printers.com

Sent from Linux computer -- see http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/

If it does not pdf properly, I'd suspect an issue with the file itself. Publisher is funky with RGB /CMYK issues and the solution is within Publisher itself, not your RIP. It's been a long time since I dealt with that in Publisher so I don't recall what I did, but you are looking for a setting in Publisher, not the RIP.
    Gee, it looks great on the screen!
    Last edited by DottieK; 06-14-2011 at 06:59 AM.