+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invalidfont error printing PDF on Imagepress T1 + Canon C1 in OSX 10.6 and 10.5

Angry Invalidfont error printing PDF on Imagepress T1 + Canon C1 in OSX 10.6 and 10.5

Good afternoon,

I've got a PDF that will not print to my T1. Prints fine to all other printers (HP, Canon ImageRunner, Dell cheapo).

Though the RIP acts as if it's printed, it produces a page w/ text:

ERROR: invalidfont
    OFFENDING COMMAND: definefont

STACK:

/Font
    -dictionary-
    /JIWAAA+Gotham-Medium
    false

Other PDFs seem to print fine to this printer, even if I use Gotham Medium font.

If I open the PDF in Acrobat and use Text Touchup to change the font to something else, it prints.

So what could be going on here? The RIP or the C1 is choking on the font.. I didn't see a way in the T1 driver to send the font data as image data or another workaround...

Any ideas would be most helpful!

--Rob

Hi Rob,

What happens if you use Command WorkStation to import the PDF file directly to the Fiery and print?

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Rob,

Couple of things to try, first in the Adobe Print ticket select the Advanced button & change from the default send by range - to send for each page:

Name:  screen.JPG
Views: 4389
Size:  23.6 KB

If that doesnt do it - you could try changing a couple of PS settings in the driver - in your driver settings find the Postscript tab & change the PS output format to "optimize for portability" & the True Type Font settings to "Download as Softfont":

Name:  screen2.JPG
Views: 4464
Size:  36.5 KB

These normally sort out the majority of Undefined Font Errors on a Postscript RIP.

+ Reply to Thread