+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S450 & BizHub 6500 & Windows 7

Question S450 & BizHub 6500 & Windows 7

I am helping a print shop set up a new Windows 7 machine (64bit) and have a bit of a problem. It will not print. Here's the setup:
    • Windows 7 Desktop (64bit OS) connected by network to a Fiery S450 /Konica-Minolta Bizhub Pro C6500.
    • Second desktop Windows XP (32bit) connected by network to a Fiery S450 /Konica-Minolta Bizhub Pro C6500.

Konica-Minolta lists a Vista driver for the Fiery S450 / Bizhub C6500 system under it's Windows 7 download section. A copier tech had set up that driver on the Windows 7 computer.

If one has Command Workstation open on the Windows 7 machine, one can see when a test page is sent to the server. It appears in the "Active" print queue. Then it immediately jumps down to the completed print queue without printing on the Bizhub Pro C6500. If anyone prints from the other computer in the network (Windows XP machine) I can view that document's entire print process from Command Workstation on the Windows 7 machine and everything sent from the Windows XP machine works flawlessly.

Additional information: the network port for the print driver in Windows 7 is set to "Raw" port 9100. If that has anything to do with things.

3 Questions:
    1. Why is the document appearing in Command Workstation and yet not printing?
    2. Could changing the port configuration to LPR be part of the solution? (Just an uneducated guess.)
    3. Is there something that I am missing?

Hi,
    The issue might be occurring because the 64-bit Fiery printer driver that has been installed is designed for a Fiery system that is later than the version your Fiery is running. If that is the case, it is recommended that you upgrade the Fiery to v3.0 or v3.0a. These versions supported 64-bit as standard.

+ Reply to Thread