Thread: CWS v5.3 - Would like impositions listed by name, not icons.

Default CWS v5.3 - Would like impositions listed by name, not icons.

Hello:

Like some of the other users on the forum, I've noticed that imposition templates have been modified to show up as icons. Is there a preference setting for this?

I'd like to request that we are given an option to view as either icon or list. I'm assuming that this was changed because ther was end-user demand for the feature. However, in our case we prefer to view the imposition templates as a list sorted by name.

Please post your feedback here if you support this request. Hopefully the Fiery engineers are monitoring the forum.

I support this request, 110%!
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

Hi,
    Yes, we are definitely monitoring the forum. I hear you loud and clear on this and will work to bring the non-icon view of impose templates back to SeeQuence.

Thank you for the feedback; that's very helpful to us.

-Mike

I Agree with this as well.... who thought this would be useful??????

Yes, please. I don't know if there are other users that prefer the new format, but here's how it's working for us.

We have quite a long list of impositions, and even in a sort of shorthand the names are quite long. Too long to show up on the icon view unless we mouse over them. To tell the difference between, say, "2up on 11X17", "2up on 11X17 vertical", "2up on 11X17 double-sided", and "2up on 11X17 vertical double-sided", we have to mouseover each one... and it won't quickly switch to the next one unless we mouseover a blank area til the description of the wrong imposition disappears. If we can't 100% remember the exact phrasing, it's almost faster to just make the imposition again from scratch and just hope it works.

So, all that is on the downside.

On the upside, we can look at an icon which can help to distinguish the different impositions... which... um... all have the same icon.

Default I agree!!!

I AGREE!!! Please give the option for a list.