Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CWS 5.3 crashing

Default Same problem here

CSW 5.3 crashed at least once a day, Have to relaunch CWS
    I didn't have the problem wihen I was running CWS 5.2
    the Crash usual happens when idle

Windows 7 32bit

Maybe a quick fix, would be curious if this helps anyone else. I noticed that if I disconnect my eye1 calibrator from the computer CWS will hold stable all day. As soon as I plug it in for taking a color reading or to calibrate CWS crashes. Let me know if this helps anyone else or if the crashing is happening on machines that do not have an eye1 or ES1000 attached.

I don't believe it's linked to the ES1000 as I only connect mine for calibration and all my crashes have been with the ES1000 disconnected. I'm at the point where it crashes at least 4-5 times a day now... wish I hadn't "upgraded" at this time!
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

Hrmmmm... Thought that would help for the time being until EFI fixes the problem. It is a bit frusterating when I need to use the scanner in spot-on or the paper catalog and it crashes. I too have thought about downgrading. I like the interface but...

To the moderators, any idea on a ETA for the fix?

Default yep, me too...

I recently updated to CWS 5.3 after *accidentally* (I know, I know...) updating MAC OS from 10.6.2 to 6.7 (I've been preventing it from doing that for months - as 10.6.4 onwards plays havoc with my Canon C1. Doh!). CWS now crashes and quits all day; usually - like others have said - when it's been idle in the background for a minute or two.
    Is there still no fix for this? What's going on?!

I feel a retrograde coming on... but 5.2 will probably have some other glitch with 10.6.7...

Default Similar issues

I get command workstation not responding a lot. sometimes it freezes and then crashes. I am running windows 7 64.

I get the same issue with my primary system (Win7 32bit, Xeon) but not on my secondary station (pentium 4, WinXP Pro 32-bit.)

The program doesn't hang when I choose options from the contextual menus, it ONLY hangs when I close the properties dialog (by any means.) It *usually* starts working after a minute or two of hanging.

I've taken to using one machine to do the Impositions and the other to handling settings... which is... less than ideal.

Default Ridiculous

It's been about a month from when I upgraded and nothing from EFI. I like many others are in a production environment and can't have this type of "technical glitch." Does anyone know where I can download CWS 5.2? I like many others in the local area will be downgrading.

Very disappointed EFI you guys need to test this stuff better, heck it won't even run right on YOUR EFI box. Also will be VERY cautious about upgrading in the future.

Default A solution is pending

Ldharden,

I'm sorry for your frustration. We've been working very hard on this problem since the reports starting coming in. We have an updated CWS 5.3, that we believe resolves the crashing issues reported. This updated version will be available for general download in the next week. If you are interested in getting an advanced copy, I will have someone contact you via the private message feature of Fiery Forums.

We do apologize for any inconvenience. We identified what we missed in our QA prior to the current release, and changes have been implemented to prevent this from happening in the future.

Regards,

Gary

Default EFI has released an updated CWS version to address intermittent crashing

EFI has now released an updated CWS version which has addressed several issues. Please install our new version and let us know if you are still experiencing the same issue.

For more information, please see
    http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...e-is-available

This updated Command WorkStation version 5.3.0.57 offers the following improvements over the previous Command WorkStation 5.3 release

•Command WorkStation 5.3.0.57 addresses some stability issues seen in previous versions that resulted in intermittent crashes and the inability to open Impose or Job Properties in certain instances.
    • Some extraneous error messages appear when installing Command WorkStation 5.3 on a client running a Sophos antivirus program without recent updates.
    • Image Enhance Visual Editor will successfully proof print a job after adjustments have been made to all pages for jobs that include special characters.
    • Command WorkStation 5.3.0.57 resolves a problem where jobs submitted via Hot Folders with an Impose template printed with watermarks. To continue to use previously created hot folders, the Job Properties of each existing hot folder must be edited with the updated Hot Folders version.
    • SeeQuence Impose uses Command WorkStation’s default values for units when imposing job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast