Thread: Command Workstation Crashes

Hybrid View

Default Command Workstation Crashes

Hi, I think this has been asked before, but I was running 5.2 on WinXP and it worked fine.

We recently got a few new CPU running Win7. Now Command Workstation Crashes when I try to start it on one Machine. and on the other It Crashes Immediately after Printing a file. Even with 5.3

Any Suggestions???
    Last edited by KornGod; 05-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. CWS 5.2 should have no problems running on Windows 7.

CWS 5.3 was just posted this week at this link. http://w3.efi.com/cws5/ Would you be willing to try uninstalling CWS 5.2 and installing CWS 5.3?

Best regards,
    Bruce

5.2 Crashes as well. thats why i upgraded to 5.3 hoping it would fix it. but, no, right now i'm using Two CPU's to work. one to print to the Fiery Servers, and another running WinXP to Run Command Workstation.

EFI has been investigating this issue and to date we are not able to reproduce this by testing on multiple systems with the information at hand. We suspect this may only be affecting isolated client systems and is not impacting all installations. We are doing further testing to identify the cause of this particular problem.

Our engineers are preparing a list of items we can work with you to capture more information to help us further indentify the root cause of the problem you are seeing.

Default EFI has released an updated CWS version to address intermittent crashing

EFI has now released an updated CWS version which has addressed several issues. Please install our new version and let us know if you are still experiencing the same issue.

For more information, please see
    http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...e-is-available

This updated Command WorkStation version 5.3.0.57 offers the following improvements over the previous Command WorkStation 5.3 release

•Command WorkStation 5.3.0.57 addresses some stability issues seen in previous versions that resulted in intermittent crashes and the inability to open Impose or Job Properties in certain instances.
    • Some extraneous error messages appear when installing Command WorkStation 5.3 on a client running a Sophos antivirus program without recent updates.
    • Image Enhance Visual Editor will successfully proof print a job after adjustments have been made to all pages for jobs that include special characters.
    • Command WorkStation 5.3.0.57 resolves a problem where jobs submitted via Hot Folders with an Impose template printed with watermarks. To continue to use previously created hot folders, the Job Properties of each existing hot folder must be edited with the updated Hot Folders version.
    • SeeQuence Impose uses Command WorkStation’s default values for units when imposing job.