Thread: Impose issues w/CWS 5.3

Hybrid View

Default Impose issues w/CWS 5.3

First off, let me say that I'm happy for the fixes that 5.3 brings to me as I had a couple issues previous that are now resolved.

However, that aside, I have some comments regarding Impose that I need to make known to EFI.

First - where did my "Fit to Screen" option go? There's only "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out". The option to fit shouldn't have been removed.

Second - The new "graphic" layout for template menu in Impose... no good. I look based on what I named the template, not based on a pretty little graphic. There should at least be an option to change this back to just a text based menu.

Thirdly - I just imposed a job, PDF size 8.75x11.25 to 2-up on a 12x18. There are 0.125" bleeds on the PDF obviously, so I set it up exactly as I've always done. When I printed the first one out to check, the crop marks are not placing in the correct spot. The crop marks are correct along the 8.5" dimension, but they're placing at 11.25" apart, not 11" on the other.

So far, this is all I've come up with, but also I've only been using it less than a day!!!
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

Hi,
    Thanks for your comments (as always). We're glad we fixed a couple of outstanding problems you've seen.

Your points about the Fit to Page option in the zoom and the graphical representations of the Impose templates are noted; we'll take those back to the team internally.

Regarding the PDF file and the crop marks, I'm surprised by what you're seeing. Assuming you are adding crop marks in SeeQuence by entering in the bleed values, as long as you have entered the bleed values for both the horizontal and vertical directions the crop marks should follow. If it's still not working, can you send me the file separately so I can understand the issue better?

At some point, if you can connect to a System 9 or later Fiery with Impose and choos User Defined from the Finish Size option, SeeQuence will read the trim box value from your job and apply the imposition (and crop marks) automatically.

Glad you like what you're seeing.

-Mike

Thanks for the swift reply. Let me first of change my comment about "Fit to Page". It is still there, it's just moved. Personally, I would still like it up on the toolbar where it was before, but at least it's still there.

As for the crop mark problem, well I've just tried to duplicate it again but I can't! I'll just have to chalk it up to random file mishap / convergence of Jupiter with Mars oddity! Yesterday I couldn't get it to work right, and now I can't get it to do anything BUT be right! Go figure!

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Exclamation Mac OS X 10.5 no millimeters in the Imposer

I'll borrow this thread if it's ok.

We are running CWS 5.3 with the dongle on a Mac OS X 10.5 Server (G5 PPC).
    I have the preference for Size set to millimeter.

When I open the Impose window all measurements are in inches.

I compare this with an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.6. No problem there. Impose shows millimeter.

I compare with another PPC Mac with OS X 10.5 and the problem shows up again. Inches in the Imposer.

This is a huge problem for us. We received the dongle just last week and was planning to use it with our server.

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Exclamation Acrobat X problems

I was using CWS 5.2 last week and had problems with Acrobat X. I thought they would be fixed with CWS 5.3 but the problems is still here.

I uninstalled Acrobat X and then reinstalled it, but the problem is still there.

Is CWS 5.2/5.3 supposed to be compatible with Acrobat X or not?

Name:  acrobat.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  74.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Andersson View Post
    I was using CWS 5.2 last week and had problems with Acrobat X. I thought they would be fixed with CWS 5.3 but the problems is still here.

I uninstalled Acrobat X and then reinstalled it, but the problem is still there.

Is CWS 5.2/5.3 supposed to be compatible with Acrobat X or not?

Attachment 428
    Not that this solves your problem with Acrobat X, but I have nothing but issues with Acrobat X even the Reader version. I mail proofs scanned from the Fiery to my clients. Anyone using Acrobat 9 or older, has no problems but those who have updated to X seem to get these "Out of Memory" errors. Not that it's related, but there's definitely something not happy between Fiery and Acrobat X on multiple levels.

Gavin is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Gavin is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by markdyck View Post
    First off, let me say that I'm happy for the fixes that 5.3 brings to me as I had a couple issues previous that are now resolved.
    Had one of the guys down from Fiery today, bringing gifts of the new upgrade.

Installed with baited breath and excitement at the thought that the issues we have been experiencing from day one when CWS5 first appeared would be resolved.

Boy, was I disappointed! And so was he! Rather than being resolved our problems with losing crop data and imposition layouts when removing a raster were worse than before! Apart from the GUI "improvements" (which I have to say as a seasoned user were very confusing) I can't see the point of it. FYI, the Fit to View button is now down in the bottom right hand corner with the magnification slider - Why??

Needless to say he has gone back to base very sheepish, together with example files and I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Needless to say, 5.3 was uninstalled and replaced with 5.2 which, even though problematic, I can find my way around!
    Konica Minolta bizhubpress C1085 - Fiery System FS150 Pro
    Fiery IC-308 v2.0 - CWS 5.8.0.39 SP2 on Windows 7 Pro SP1

Konica Minolta bizhub Pro C6501 (65C-KM V 3.0) - Fiery System 9
    Xerox DC250 (DC250 V 1.2) - Fiery System 8e Release 2
    Fiery Pro80 65-55C-KM PS Color Server 3.0a eu - CWS 5 (5.7.0.29) on Windows XP SP2

EFI CWS 6.1 (6.1.0.28) on Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 Pro
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz 4Gb RAM

Default No spaces allowed in presets

Name:  no spaces.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  30.4 KB

I can not use spaces anymore in the presets.

I can however use spaces when I save templates in Imposer.