Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Impose issues w/CWS 5.3

Default Impose issues w/CWS 5.3

First off, let me say that I'm happy for the fixes that 5.3 brings to me as I had a couple issues previous that are now resolved.

However, that aside, I have some comments regarding Impose that I need to make known to EFI.

First - where did my "Fit to Screen" option go? There's only "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out". The option to fit shouldn't have been removed.

Second - The new "graphic" layout for template menu in Impose... no good. I look based on what I named the template, not based on a pretty little graphic. There should at least be an option to change this back to just a text based menu.

Thirdly - I just imposed a job, PDF size 8.75x11.25 to 2-up on a 12x18. There are 0.125" bleeds on the PDF obviously, so I set it up exactly as I've always done. When I printed the first one out to check, the crop marks are not placing in the correct spot. The crop marks are correct along the 8.5" dimension, but they're placing at 11.25" apart, not 11" on the other.

So far, this is all I've come up with, but also I've only been using it less than a day!!!
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

Hi,
    Thanks for your comments (as always). We're glad we fixed a couple of outstanding problems you've seen.

Your points about the Fit to Page option in the zoom and the graphical representations of the Impose templates are noted; we'll take those back to the team internally.

Regarding the PDF file and the crop marks, I'm surprised by what you're seeing. Assuming you are adding crop marks in SeeQuence by entering in the bleed values, as long as you have entered the bleed values for both the horizontal and vertical directions the crop marks should follow. If it's still not working, can you send me the file separately so I can understand the issue better?

At some point, if you can connect to a System 9 or later Fiery with Impose and choos User Defined from the Finish Size option, SeeQuence will read the trim box value from your job and apply the imposition (and crop marks) automatically.

Glad you like what you're seeing.

-Mike

Thanks for the swift reply. Let me first of change my comment about "Fit to Page". It is still there, it's just moved. Personally, I would still like it up on the toolbar where it was before, but at least it's still there.

As for the crop mark problem, well I've just tried to duplicate it again but I can't! I'll just have to chalk it up to random file mishap / convergence of Jupiter with Mars oddity! Yesterday I couldn't get it to work right, and now I can't get it to do anything BUT be right! Go figure!

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Exclamation Mac OS X 10.5 no millimeters in the Imposer

I'll borrow this thread if it's ok.

We are running CWS 5.3 with the dongle on a Mac OS X 10.5 Server (G5 PPC).
    I have the preference for Size set to millimeter.

When I open the Impose window all measurements are in inches.

I compare this with an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.6. No problem there. Impose shows millimeter.

I compare with another PPC Mac with OS X 10.5 and the problem shows up again. Inches in the Imposer.

This is a huge problem for us. We received the dongle just last week and was planning to use it with our server.

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Exclamation Acrobat X problems

I was using CWS 5.2 last week and had problems with Acrobat X. I thought they would be fixed with CWS 5.3 but the problems is still here.

I uninstalled Acrobat X and then reinstalled it, but the problem is still there.

Is CWS 5.2/5.3 supposed to be compatible with Acrobat X or not?

Name:  acrobat.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  74.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Andersson View Post
    I was using CWS 5.2 last week and had problems with Acrobat X. I thought they would be fixed with CWS 5.3 but the problems is still here.

I uninstalled Acrobat X and then reinstalled it, but the problem is still there.

Is CWS 5.2/5.3 supposed to be compatible with Acrobat X or not?

Attachment 428
    Not that this solves your problem with Acrobat X, but I have nothing but issues with Acrobat X even the Reader version. I mail proofs scanned from the Fiery to my clients. Anyone using Acrobat 9 or older, has no problems but those who have updated to X seem to get these "Out of Memory" errors. Not that it's related, but there's definitely something not happy between Fiery and Acrobat X on multiple levels.

I found this in the FAQ. Looks like Acrobat 10 is supposed to work... so maybe someone can tell me what to do with my problem?

What versions of Acrobat are supported with SeeQuence Suite options?
    The following versions are supported: Windows: Acrobat 7, 8, 9 and 10, Standard and Professional and Macintosh: Acrobat 8, 9 and 10 Professional.
    Now that SeeQuence Impose and Compose can run on a Mac client, does it require a new version of Acrobat and PitStop?
    Mac users with Impose and Compose licenses are now be able to experience all the same workflow and options that the PC users have for years. However, if the Mac user wants to open a PS file in SeeQuence, the Mac user needs to supply his or her own copy of Acrobat 8, 9 or 10 Professional.
    http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Products/CWS5/Support/FAQ

Andersson,
    While the SeeQuence packages ship with Acrobat 9 Professional, we expect Acrobat X Pro to work with SeeQuence just like Acrobat 9 Professional. Clearly it's not working on your system (thanks for the screenshot), so we'll need to investigate why that is.

Also, with the mm/inches problem you see on your Mac PPC, SeeQuence should display the mm/inches based on the CWS5 preferences. Can you set the units in preferences to inches, save, and then go back to mm? Will that display the units properly?

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_R View Post
    Andersson,
    While the SeeQuence packages ship with Acrobat 9 Professional, we expect Acrobat X Pro to work with SeeQuence just like Acrobat 9 Professional. Clearly it's not working on your system (thanks for the screenshot), so we'll need to investigate why that is.
    Thanks. Let me know what I should try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_R View Post
    Also, with the mm/inches problem you see on your Mac PPC, SeeQuence should display the mm/inches based on the CWS5 preferences. Can you set the units in preferences to inches, save, and then go back to mm? Will that display the units properly?

-Mike
    Yes it worked! I tried it on both 10.5 Macs and it works. Thanks again.

So I think you have some sort of installation bug with OS X 10.5 and perhaps PPC Macs. I have no intel mac with 10.5 to test with. Both our Macs with 10.5 have not used any Fiery software before so there is no chance of a conflict of that kind.

Default I agree...

... with the assessment of the icons instead of the list with the template list. we have the templates named to make them useful, but with this display the full name does not display. It is nice that the mouse over shows most of the critical settings, but it is a slow way to sort out which one is which.
    Lou

Xerox DC242, Color 560
    Bustled Fiery 8e R2, Fiery 9eR2 respectively
    Impose - CWS 5.8
    Color Prof. Suite 4.6
    Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro
    (Canon iPF8100)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast