+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh Install but won't connect - say please wait (forever!)

Default Fresh Install but won't connect - say please wait (forever!)

Hi,

We have two Fiery based systems in our print room (I'm new to Fiery but ran an IT company for 9 years)

After some problems I upgraded so SP3 (which is on our other Fiery machine) and some other bits and bobs - IE8, Acrobat Reader, etc. The machine ran and printed fine but our networked PC's would now not connect/print.

I tried to install the Fiery system but it wiped the backup (and everything else) I made on the other parrtition so I was left with nothing!

Today I spend 8 solid hours creating a fresh intall of WindowsXP SP3 and installed the Efi (network/pearl server thing) and the CWS5 and although everything sets up ok and the correct ports are allocated to the printer driver it never connects (blue bar at the top of the screen says please wait)

Can anyone please help as i'm gonna get a major telling off on Monday!!!!

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty.

The system software on a Fiery controller is usually installed by an Authorized Service Technician. Is your service company able to assist you with this in a timely manner?

Most of the Windows based controllers have 1 or 2 system software DVD's with an automated installation. Typically it's boot from DVD1 and follow the prompts to restore a system to factory defaults.

Is this not working for you? If not, which Fiery controller are you tyring to reload system software on?

Best regards,
    Bruce

Default Thanks

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your reply. The only discs I could find were in a dusty zip-bag and they were from 2005. The 'System Software' 3 disc set is confusing - disc1 seems to contain an old Ghost (.GHO) file and no setup. Disc 2 had an installation but it didn't work (can't remember why I was trying so many things!)

I found the software installation discs and 'user software' discs on our other machine and made a share on the network to install it (which it did)

I don't know which controller this is - it's a blue box with green LCD at the top and it is connected to our BizHub Pro C500 (old parallel port (which I found the PCI driver for)). We used this with Command Workstation 4/5.

The system seems to be setup fine and all installations went ok. it just doesn't seem to connect.

Any ideas I could try? My last hope is to phone Konica Milnolta tommorow.

Thanks again.

Hi Paul,

If you haven't already I would still recommend calling your Konica Minolta dealer. They would be able to provide the necessary software and show you the installation procedure.

The 3 disc set of system software you mentioned sounds like it could be the right software but it would be best if Konica Minolta could confirm.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Smile It Worked! I have another question thou!

Hi, The three disc set worked! I didn't see the message on the front of the tower - the main screen on PC was blank so thought it wasn't working! Installed the user software we use here too.

The PC has XPe SP1 though - is there any way to upgrade to SP2 so I can install CWS4.6.0.30 which I have downloaded?

Thanks again,
    Paul.

Hi Paul,

Yes but you will need a new set of system software disks. Please check with your Konica Minolta dealer for details.

Best regards,
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread