Thread: Regarding Ricoh C900/901

Hemlock is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Hemlock is on a distinguished path

Default Regarding Ricoh C900/901

If you had 2 in a print shop, is it necessary to have a separate Fiery for each or can one controller run two machines?
    Fiery E-80 driving a Ricoh C900; Micropress v8.3 tethered to a Ricoh 1107 & 1357.

When I got my C900, there wasn't even an option to NOT get a Fiery. From my understanding, the base level of the machine comes with an "integrated" Fiery, as that's what I have.
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

The short answer is no. The C900 comes with the Fiery E40 (or E80) and the C901, the Fiery E41 (or E81). The Fierys for the C900 run System 8r2, for the C901, System 9. Fiery rasterization is also unique to each engine, so they cannot "cross."

Bigger picture, I have never seen a Fiery controller that can control two engines. It's always been a one-to-one relationship. There may have been such configurations in the world, but not with any equipment I have experience with. (I have had people describe a "Fiery" as controlling two machines, but it turned out just to be a PC running CWS for two machines, each of which had its own Fiery controller.)

Steve Weiss
    Production Solutions Engineer
    Ricoh Production Print

Hemlock is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Hemlock is on a distinguished path

Thanks; I was 99.9% sure of the answer, just wanted to clear up that last .1%.
    Fiery E-80 driving a Ricoh C900; Micropress v8.3 tethered to a Ricoh 1107 & 1357.

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Fiery Central

You could also add a Fiery Central server to the workflow which would among other things give you load balancing to multiple printers capability but the individual printers would need to have their own individual Fiery controllers. Alternatively there is an optional module on Fiery Central called E-Print which can feed any PS printer.

Thanks, deck.

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default C900/C720 but not C901

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    Thanks, deck.
    As of today Fiery Central does not support Pro C901's

The Fiery Central 1.8 update was released today which does support the C901. See http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...pdate-Released for more details.