Thread: No connection between copier and ic-408

Default No connection between copier and ic-408

Hi all

We have a huge issue here in denmark. This morning we had 10+ ic-408, who won't connect to the copier. We can connect to the controller, through remote desktop, bu not CWS.

I think that it has something to do with the patch 1-1acqsp, that was automaticly downloade and installed on friday the 22. april.

If anyone have an surgestion, please come forward.

/Thomas

Of all the sites reporting this, how many of them actually have had patch 1-1ACQSP installed (look on Config page)?

If copier is re-powered, then IC-408 rebooted, will Fiery then connect to copier?

What language are these IC-408s configured to?

I have no idea. I can't print out a config page. Because the controller can not be accesed form the copier. I can connect via remote desktop, but the top bar on the desktop says "exited".

If I look in update history, the last update patch is 1-1acqsp, installed on 22. april at 03:03 am. I have to visit some more controllers tomorrow, so I'll check if is's the last one installed.

No, it will not connect after reboot. Shortly it will show "system loading, please wait"

I assume that the language i set for english_UK, cause then date and time i in the right format.

regards

/Thomas

I tested patch 1-1ACQSP on two US English IC-408's and could not replicate your issue. However, this issue could manifest itself only when certain languages are configured on Fiery. So as a precaution, yesterday EFI took this patch off System Update server and is currently investigating patch and it's installer on other languages besides US English.

I heard through our support organisation, that the error will show after rebooting four times. In Den mark, we have decided, that we for now ar disabling system update, and enabling the system restore feature on the controller.

Thanks for your interest.

/Thomas

1-1ACQSP is no longer on EFI's System Updates and Web Updates server.

So if you reload the IC-413's system software to recover it, and enable the Fiery to automatically download and install patches, now, you should be fine. No matter how many times you reboot it.

But, this is the user's choice whether to configure Fiery this way

It seems only to bed those controlers, who has installed system software in UK_english.

/Thomas