Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: slow printing to xerox 550 with external fiery rip

Default slow printing to xerox 550 with external fiery rip

Since loading the 550-650 PPD we are experiencing very slow printing. It takes 20-30 sec to scroll through the print set up on Mac. We are running OSX 10.4. This problem occurs in all apps, PDF, Quark etc
    Last edited by leewenz; 04-05-2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: correction

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Hi there

How have you setup the printer on the Mac, IE which protocol did you use? Also did you run thru the installer when loading the driver?

Hi
    yes ran installer, have downloaded different versions. we are running printer via IP address. If you choose any other printer driver for another rip everything is fine?

Default Same here

We are experiencing the same issue with our 550/560. It almost seems like the printer tries to take a break between each copy. We are connected using tcp/ip, all the current drivers, firmware and patches.

A little more detail on this. All workstations are XP and a few vista. We tried adjusting the memory settings on the fiery and this made no difference. In CWS, everything looks like it should, it just takes forever for it to start on the next print. There are lots of items in the printing queue, and most of the time, several items in the processing queue.
    Last edited by computationalerr; 04-14-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Little bit of lysdexia ;)

Thanks for your post. I'd like to see a copy of your configuration page, the full version of your CWS and some sample files that are causing you issues. I could try them here and let you know what I see.
    Thanks, Craig

I am running CWS version 5.2.0.46
    The printing is slow whether it is using CWS or from a windows printer. For most of the stuff we print, it is coming from Kodak DP2, and going through the windows printer.

I have attached a pdf of the configuration report. Sorry, it is the first time I have used the scan to email and it got a little unsorted. I think I attached it properly, I haven't used forums very much at all.
    img-414095312-0001.pdfimg-414095312-0001.pdf

I will get you some samples asap. It really seems like it is very random when it decides to be slow.

The config reports seem to be IOT. Can I get one from the Fiery?
    Thanks,

Default re : slow printing to xerox 550 with external fiery rip

We are also having problems with the driver in Tiger (OS X 10.4.11)

Pressing Print in an application causes a pause for 10 - 20 seconds until the Print dialogue appears.

Similarly if a different printer (eg HP Laserjet) is selected in the Print dialogue there is a long delay when you to change the printer to the 550.

I'm getting quite a few complaints about this because it appears to be a step backwards from the Docucolor 242 that we had previously. (I know the driver has more features and is more logically laid out, it just takes a lot longer to print a page).

Xerox 550 with external Fiery RIP
    Printing using LPR to the IP address
    Last edited by johnpearse; 04-15-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Additional info added

Alright, Is this the one you are looking for?SetupSummary.txt

We also were previously on the 242. We upgraded to this one because it was supposed to be faster, be able to print on heavier stock, and costs us less. The xerox techs don't really seem to know much about this printer because it is so new and they definitely couldn't figure out why it was printing so slow.
    Last edited by computationalerr; 04-15-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast