+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Archived Jobs List

Rolf and MusicPublisher7055 I have sent you the archive utility in a private message.

regards,
    g.

I could use it to. I have one customer with almost 7000 archive jobs and trying to find anything in that mess is a nightmare.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

aren't they using job numbers inside the file names??

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

As useful as the utility is, it is nowhere near convenient as the archived tab. We are shortly going to have a Xerox tech reload our Versant 80's EX80 because some patches were apparently installed in the wrong order which has broken imposition of VDP jobs...

All are jobs are archived on a network drive and show up in the Archived tab, but presumably this going to be lost when the Fiery is reloaded and patches reapplied. So, when will there be a way to automatically repopulate the Archived tab from the archived files? Having to import them all and archive them again is not an elegant solution, especially when there are a few thousand archived jobs. Not to mention timestamps being messed up as somebody else mentioned.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

All you have to do is re-add that location to your Archive setup after the reload.

We have big plans to improve on this in future versions. I am personally champing at the bit to fix this.

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    All you have to do is re-add that location to your Archive setup after the reload.
    In which parallel universe does that work?

I wish it were that simple, but the Archived tab remains empty after doing this on FS150 Pro (Xerox EX80). On the plus side, at least the VDP imposition issue was fixed after a reload, and the backup function saved pretty much everything apart from the archived tab (and job queues, obviously).

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I think what Adam was hinting at is where you can add the remote path back into Archive File Manager - I think what you are looking for is now that you have the path reinstated to have all your Remote Archive Jobs all relisted in the Archive Tab ?
    Unfortunately I think you have found another "shortcoming" if that is the correct word ? of the Archive feature..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    We have big plans to improve on this in future versions. I am personally champing at the bit to fix this.
    Good to hear - can't come soon enough. I suppose a good first step would be to give the backup feature an option to backup archive network links (I noticed the clear server feature distinguishes between network and internally archived files). I was impressed with what the backup/restore function actually kept, which made the server reload relatively painless (apart the the archived tab, of course). Compared to older Fierys, it is a big improvement.

I was hoping if its possible for a link to download the Archive Utility could be private messaged to me. I have a customer who currently have over 6000 documents in their Archive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast