+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Archived Jobs List

Default Archived jobs

Hi Gavin,

I wish you were at my Connect session, I covered this exact topic!
    If you archive jobs to a network server, then other clients will be able to access them, as long as they have the same drive or share mounted.
    • Archive Links are held on the Fiery server, and are OS specific (.e.g. Win sees \\servername\folder and Mac sees smb://servername/folder)
    • All connected CWS clients will see the list of archived jobs, even jobs archived from another CWS client.
    • CWS clients will check if the archive path is available to them (and authenticated). If so, then the job is editable. If they cannot see the path, they only show the options 'Delete' and 'Properties'.

Easiest way to ensure paths work, is to map the same drive in windows clients.
    E.g. on Computer 1, map \\servername\folder to Drive G:
    Then on Computer 2, map \\servername\folder to Drive G:
    Now on Computer 1, use CWS to archive a bunch of jobs to Drive G.
    Computer 2 CWS should be able see all these jobs in the archive tab, and show the full edit menu for them.

Let me know if this helps,

G.

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

As Gavin has explained numerous times, that's all nice, well and good, but is completely irrelevant when trying to import archived jobs from an external location when the Fiery the jobs were archived from is no longer available (e.g. because the Fiery had to be reinstalled or upgrading to a new Fiery).

We have just upgraded our machine from aa Xerox EX 560 to a new EX 80. Around 1000 jobs were archived to a network drive using the EX 560, but trying to get these onto the EX 80 is a complete nightmare because the Import Archived Jobs windows provides no sort or search ability and the jobs are in some random order.

It surely should be straightforward to add sort and search, and this would be helpful. Even better would be a feature to allow the Archived tab links to be backed up and restored and/or a feature to allow CWS to regenerate/rebuild the Archived tab from the external archive locations. The latter would be extremely useful.

I hear you. We absolutely want to improve this in the future, it's not a small task, but one we need to take on.

I have a small utility that might help you locate/bring back your archived files, if you are interested?

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    I hear you. We absolutely want to improve this in the future, it's not a small task, but one we need to take on.

I have a small utility that might help you locate/bring back your archived files, if you are interested?
    Yes, please . Anything is worth a try.

Gavin is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Gavin is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post

Second that!
    Konica Minolta bizhubpress C1085 - Fiery System FS150 Pro
    Fiery IC-308 v2.0 - CWS 5.8.0.39 SP2 on Windows 7 Pro SP1

Konica Minolta bizhub Pro C6501 (65C-KM V 3.0) - Fiery System 9
    Xerox DC250 (DC250 V 1.2) - Fiery System 8e Release 2
    Fiery Pro80 65-55C-KM PS Color Server 3.0a eu - CWS 5 (5.7.0.29) on Windows XP SP2

EFI CWS 5 (5.8.0.39 SP2) on Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 Pro
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz 4Gb RAM

Default Third That!

One of our clients has the exact same issues as described here; two Fiery's, same model, same engine configurations, but they have to maintain two archives on remote volumes.

It would be reeeeeally nice to be able to point a Fiery at a directory and tell it 'here's the archives' vs. re-importing and re-archiving, so that they show in the Archived tab again.

OK I've dropped a link to the Archive utility to all 3 of you in a private message.

Let us know how you go.

G.

Having used the archive utility for the past few weeks, I have to say I find it invaluable. I've only used the feature of importing archived files from a network drive, the search/filter function is very handy indeed. The functionality provided is very much what I would like to see replace the current Import archived job window in CWS.

It would perhaps be even better if there was somehow a way to import all/selected jobs back in to the CWS Archived job list/tab.

Anyway, thanks for the utility - it has been a lifesaver during our transition from a Xerox EX560 (which we no longer have) to our new EX80. I'm very thankful for my old EX560 archive of 1,000 jobs, as it is usually just a matter of importing them to the EX80 and setting/correcting the media type due to the very different selection that each machine has.

Default Any chance this utility is still available?

Hi,

We're having the same exact problem, actually, with jobs we've archived (7000+) from previous Fiery servers that we now bring in via the 'Import Archived Job' function--but ever since we got a new file server to keep the jobs, everything's been out of alphabetical order.

Greta, would you still happen to have that utility? If so, thanks!

Rolf is offline Fiery Forum Contributor Rolf is on a distinguished path

Default Please send me the archive utilit too - or give us a hint to recreate archive links

Hi,
    we have many archived jobs on an external USB drive. But the links in the archived-tab are deleted.

So how can we recreate the links by linking it to the old archive-location? (Be re-importing the archived jobs the go to hold-queue but the get a new date and time stamp and we loose the original important date stamp. So this is no practical way for all archive-jobe.)

Or can we do a search with your above described tool over the archive-location-dir?

Thanks
    Rolf
    Printer:
    Xerox 700DCP (Systemsoftware 1.201.3) with EX700 (System 8 R 2, V 1.0SP1), ES-1000 (with UV filter), GA-Package Prem. Ed.
    Clients:
    Mac OS X, Win 7
    CWS:

+ Reply to Thread