Thread: harmony10.dll not found

Default harmony10.dll not found

Greetings! We recently upgraded and installed Command WorkStation 5. This has caused an annoying little dialog box to appear each time we open Photoshop.

The box says "This application has failed to start because harmony10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem".

Well, we reinstalled CS3 and Photoshop but it did not fix the problem. We still get the error message everyday. Why is "harmony10.dll" is missing? Can I download a new one or a replacement? Any help appreciated!
    Attached Images  

It looks like you're getting that error message when Photoshop is trying to build the TWAIN menu. That suggests that the problem is with your Fiery Remote Scan install. I'd try installing the latest version of Fiery Remote Scan (part of the Release 3B Utilities) and see if it resolves your problem.

Default AUTH_getAuthIDEx not located

Greetings! Thanks! This leads me to a new dialog box in lieu of the old one. It says "The procedure entry point AUTH_getAuthIDEx could not be located in the dynamic link library harmony10.dll." Do you think my DLL Libraries are corrupt? What else can I do? I appreciate any points in the right direction.
    Attached Images  

Okay, I'm assuming you're running all the Release3B utilities now.

If you need the Fiery Remote Scan functionality in your Photoshop CS3, the only suggestion I have left is to do a complete uninstall of the Fiery Utilities (this should clean up the Harmony DLLs) and then reinstall the complete Release3B package.

Alternatively, you can also go about removing the Photoshop TWAIN plugin if you don't need to do any scanning in Photoshop. That plugin is typically located in:
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\Import-Export

Or you can remove the Fiery Remote Scan component if you do not need to use Fiery Remote Scan. That component is the "FRS5" folder in:
    C:\WINDOWS\twain_32

Default Release3B Pkg Link?

Greetings! I do actually need the Fiery Remote Scan functionality in PS CS3 since it it a critical function of our department. I'm going to have to keep it for now but thank you for the advice! I appreciate all the help! Would you happen to have a link to where I could get the complete Release3B package?
    Attached Images  

http://www.efi.com/support/download-software.asp

In case you ever need to find this again, the URL should also be in the post stickied at the top of the forum announcing the latest release.

Default Where is the dll?

So, where can a person get this dll? And where does it go in my PC? The link in the Moderator email just goes to a generic download page.