Thread: Hotfolder Processing Jobs To Soon

Default Hotfolder Processing Jobs To Soon

Are there any other methods of altering how soon a hotfolder starts to process a file? I've tried increasing the "time interval to check for jobs" in the hotfolder's advanced settings.

When Kodak Evo creates a multipage Raster PDF in the hotfolder, CWS tries to start working on it before it's done. By increasing the interval to check for jobs, small jobs of 4 pages or less are handled without an issue. Jobs that have 8, 16, 32, or more pages present a problem. CWS actually attempts to process the incomplete file several times. Each time, another file shows up in the Held qeue with a different number of pages. None of them contain all the pages that are supposed to be in the job.

I'm using:
    CWS 5.2.0.46
    efi Hotfolders 3.1.0.48

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Hi there

Why does the kodak system push out a PDF to a hotfolder that isn't complete would be my question? I use an Oris press matcher system to create PDF's and push to the hotfolder and never have this problem....

Default Hot Folders

What have you set the time interval to?

Also, you didn't mention what Fiery you are sending the files to. If it is a System 9R2, then I would recommend you turn off 'Rip while receive' in the configure tool.

This will prevent the Fiery from trying to rip jobs that are incomplete.