Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cannot switch off duplex

More details please...

- Does this happen on both IC-408 Fierys?
    - Is it reproducible at will or randomly?
    - Are both IC-408's running v2.0 system software?
    - what is version(s) of Command WorkStation (CWS) used?
    - are you doing drag & drop, and/or are you importing files into CWS? - does it make a difference in regards to this issue?
    - how are PDF's created?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    More details please...

- Does this happen on both IC-408 Fierys?
    - Is it reproducible at will or randomly?
    - Are both IC-408's running v2.0 system software?
    - what is version(s) of Command WorkStation (CWS) used?
    - are you doing drag & drop, and/or are you importing files into CWS? - does it make a difference in regards to this issue?
    - how are PDF's created?
    It does happen on both Fierys. It is reproducible at will. We are running 5.4.1.25 on 3 of 4 workstations, and the very latest on the machine that does most of our printing. We do primarily drag and drop, never use import (too slow). I tried import just to test, and it did the same thing (I used a C1S stock loaded face up in our LCT, tell it to print face up. It goes from held to print, then shows printing 'file name' 0 of 2, even though there is only one side. The image is printed on the uncoated side and I can hear it duplexing when it shouldn't.

PDF's are created by us or our customers in a number of programs and OS. Windows/Mac InDesign and AI are the most prevalent. I have tried different native programs and have also tried printing a pdf one up as imported and imposed multi-up with the same results.

My server general info says 65C-KM-2.0 after the workstation name and "Fiery System: 8 version 2".

Let me know if other info helps! Thanks.

Brian B.

I just drag & dropped a mix of four multipage PDFs into CWS5.5.0.16i Hold queue. Checked Properties there for all jobs to make sure they were not set for duplex, then printed.

One job was Tabloid, two were letter-portrait, and remaining job was Letter-landscape

All printed single-sided

My v2.0 IC-408 was recently fully patched via System Updates.

Unhappy cannot switch off duplex

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    I just drag & dropped a mix of four multipage PDFs into CWS5.5.0.16i Hold queue. Checked Properties there for all jobs to make sure they were not set for duplex, then printed.

One job was Tabloid, two were letter-portrait, and remaining job was Letter-landscape

All printed single-sided

My v2.0 IC-408 was recently fully patched via System Updates.
    I just tried printing a two-sided business card pdf one-up, page one only, face-up on C1S stock with the gloss side loaded face up. Still printed duplex with the page one image printed on the uncoated side and no image of page two printed. So CWS and the Fiery print controller do understand I want page one only, yet still print duplex.

This was from our one workstation with 5.5.0.16i loaded. I am reticent to update all my CWS instances so as to reduce the variables until this and my inability to use VDP are resolved by KM and EFI.

Our Fiery does receive system updates as well and is model X3eTY2-10.

My KM tech (the one with some software capabilities) was here to see the issue as well. We printed several different file types, one page versus multi-page and the issue was very repeatable. He called EFI while here and checked a number of default settings in our drivers, CWS and Fiery all to no avail. He did take a zip of the server configuration (and I think other data) as well as a zip of the error log we receive when trying to create a VDP master.

I appreciate you have not been able to duplicate the issue. I have to ***ume I have corrupted firmware or a setting improperly set on CWS, the Fiery or my printer that KM and Fiery tech support have not yet found. I am struggling believing it is firmware corruption as it is occurring on both KM6501's with the same controllers.

At this point, I think I have to ask KM to reload to an earlier version of Fiery firmware and perhaps CWS as well and turn off system updates. This and the VDP issue are affecting my productivity and therefore costing me real dollars.

Any other suggestions are very appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2