Thread: cannot switch off duplex

Hybrid View

Default cannot switch off duplex

when copying a pdf per drag and drop into the hold cue and releasing the job via cws, the job will be printed out duplex, even it is not selected!

when opening the same pdf with acrobat and selct "file --> print -->to the hold cue" and releasing the job the same way like above, it will be printed simplex.

what can be the reason??

Hi Michael,

Can you add some more details, please?
    Which Fiery do you have? Which version of Command Workstation are you using?
    Operating system?

Thanks,
    Rune

Default cannot switch off duplex

Dear Rune

we are working on a Ricoh Pro C901 with a E-41. The cws version is 5.2.45, but we tried it also with the version 5.2.56 and got the same output.
    On onother system (901 with E-41) we could not replicate this failure.

Michael - Did you manage to fix this as I think I'm having exactly the same issue?

Does anyone else know why this might be happening?

The problem only started when I upgraded the software from Command Workstation 4.7 to 5.3. I was a little sceptical about the upgrade as we are a busy working print room with a lot of files and templates set up on CW. Because of this I did not want to uninstall 4.7 and decided to install 5.3 alongside and this is when the problem started.

The issue seems quite intermediate and only happens with pdf's that have been imported into CW, if printed from word, acrobat etc everything seems fine. I create most of my artwork within InDesign CS5 and then export to pdf before importing into CW and it is these files that we mostly have problems with.

Let me also point out that after installing CW 5.3, the random duplex printing happens in both versions that are installed. I have now uninstalled CW 5.3 from the system to see if this would fix but it is still happening in 4.7.

We are using a Fiery Pro80 setup running Windows XP
    connect to this are two Océ CS665 printers
    The versions of Command Workstation I have been using are version 4.7.0.12 and version 5.3.0.54.

Many Thanks

James

Does this happen with internal pages too?

For the C901, you'll want to have patch 1-1A6MWO installed to prevent this kind of issue from occuring. There are also patches for other Ricoh products (C900, C720, EB1357, and E80).

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to reset your settings aside from a system reload if they do get stuck this way. We're still working on a solution for that.

edwardthompson is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor edwardthompson is on a distinguished path

where can i get the "patch 1-1A6MWO" from?