Thread: Fiery controler and MacOSX Lion

Hybrid View

Default Fiery controler and MacOSX Lion

Hello

As every body knows, Apple is ready to release his Lion MacOS 10.7 OS

What about Fiery utilities and drivers ???

thanks

Emmanuel TRICHET

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Hi there

Yes this is an interesting question. We, as a support business, really struggled when Snow Leopard was released. We had so many issues due to Fiery not having drivers ready. Our clients are 90% Mac orientated. Does EFI not have a development account with Apple to test beta OS's?

Are we ready gentleman? be great to hear any news....

Paul

EFI is currently reviewing this new OS and assessing Fiery print drivers and the Fiery applications such as Command WorkStation 5 and Hot Folders.

Hello

Same for us, our customers are only working on graphic arts with Canon IPC1 or Canon IPC7000VP and 100% on Mac.

I confirm that we will have probs ...
    my own report trials on a Beta Lion (and I know what means beta ... ) :
    * the installers of Fiery drivers are old school PowerPC items and do not install as PowerPC apps are no more supported
    * I install CWS5 without probs, but have an error on starting appplication
    * I1 Process control V2.1 seems to work

I am ready to proceed any trial or beta test

brgds

E.T.

trey138 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor trey138 is on a distinguished path

I'm still having enough trouble with 10.6.x that most of my machines are at 10.5.8. We've got an older machine (Canon iR 5085 with a H1 controller) that I can't get to print at all, and CWS seems to really dislike Snow Leopard. I hope EFI can step up to the plate on 10.7.

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

IN REPLY TO THE LAST REPLY OF THIS POST:

Firstly I am struggling with the machine you are talking about. Can I ask whether whether it is a IRC 5185? Is this a colour machine? If so what version of software are you running on the H1? You need to upgrade the software to v2 if it isn't already there. This will get rid of your 10.6.x issues as there is a 10.6 driver for the version 2 software of this controller. Also make sure your OSX 10.6.x is updated with the latest version namely 10.6.6. Apple created havoc with the version before this one.

If you can't upgrade your controller have you applied the 10.6 fiery driver patch on the macs? If not do this asap.

Paul