Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Tab Wizard

Default Frustrated with Tab Wizard

How do I pull tab stock from one drawer and regular stock from a different drawer. The wizard only allows tab stock to be pulled from the same drawer the regular pages are in.
    Bev

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Type of printer?

Quote Originally Posted by sirspeedy0177 View Post
    How do I pull tab stock from one drawer and regular stock from a different drawer. The wizard only allows tab stock to be pulled from the same drawer the regular pages are in.
    Bev
    What kind of printer are you using. I can tell you that with the Ricoh's if you have the paper drawers programmed correctly for the tabs then they will pull and print properly.

It is a KM Bizhbub 6500. So if what your saying is if I have tab stock in one drawer, then in job properties I pull the normal stock from a different drawer, it will know when to switch for the tabs? Awesome I will try that.
    Thank you
    Bev

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Tabs

Well since I've never operated any Konica's I couldn't say for sure but it's my understanding that if you program your job using the 6500 print driver and you call for tab stock on certain pages and you have programmed the printer for tab stock in one of the trays then it should pull that stock when needed. That's how it works on the Ricoh's at any rate.

Unhappy No luck with this tab wizard

Well that did not work. I am creating the tabs, so they are not in the pdf file. I can create and pull the tabs fine and they print fine out of the drawer, but the non tab pages from the pdf cannot print from the same drawer. If in job properties I tell the media to come out of drawer #1 for the pdf pages for example, and it is set up for 8.5x11, the tab wizard wants to pull from that drawer as well, and when its time for the tabs to print I would have to stop, take out the 8.5x11, put the tab stock in the same drawer to insert into the book. I don't get it. It seems to me that the tab wizard should have a different drawer option to pull tab stock from than the regular pages. That option is simply not there.

Hello,

Are you creating and inserting the tabs with CWS in Mixed Media? If so, you should be able to specify the tray where the tab stock is located. Please see the attached for an example.

Best regards,
    Bruce
    Attached Images  

Default At a loss

Does your hizbub have a Fiery controller? It should work from there. Otherwise maybe another KM user will respond?!

Default Thanks Bruce, see my screen shot

Name:  Tab Insert.jpg
Views: 2110
Size:  150.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_W View Post
    Hello,

Are you creating and inserting the tabs with CWS in Mixed Media? If so, you should be able to specify the tray where the tab stock is located. Please see the attached for an example.

Best regards,
    Bruce
    Thank you for the screen shot. I do not have the option of selecting the paper drawer. Here is a screen shot of what I see. What version on CW5 do you have? I have the latest.

Hello,

What system software version is installed on the controller? Would you be able to send a configuration page?

Best regards,
    Bruce

Default config page

Bruce,
    Here is the page.
    Thanks
    Bevconfigpage.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast