Thread: Creo VPS format on IC-413?

Hybrid View

Unhappy Creo VPS format on IC-413?

I was sold an IC-413 and was told it could handle the Creo VPS file format for VDP. Using CWS 5.2.0.35 I can import .VPS files as it shows them as supported but the Fiery errors out when processing with 'unsupported PDL error -> VPS not supported'. We create the VPS files using FusionPro Desktop and are printing on a KMBS C7000.

I'm guessing I'm up a Creo without a paddle?

This is out of the IC-413 "Variable Data Printing Guide":

Creo Variable Print Specification (VPS)
    Creo VPS is an extension of the PostScript language developed by Creo. A Creo VPS file
    consists of a Header section and a Booklet section. The Header section contains the global
    objects for the entire job. The Booklet section contains one copy of a personalized
    document. Page elements are reusable objects as defined in the Creo VPS format. All of the
    page elements must be packaged inside of the Creo VPS file.
    To print, you must have an application that emits the Creo VPS data stream, such as Atlas
    PrintShop Mail or Creo Darwin Desktop. You can download a Creo VPS file using
    Command WorkStation or Hot Folders.

So we know the IC-413 supports thses files.

You should have received a Documentation CD with your Fiery. Open Configuration & Setup Guide, and Variable Data Printing Guide PDF's. Do a search for "Creo" and "VPS".
    I suspect you might be overlooking a step in print process.

I found this *very* short bulleted list in the CD documentation: Printing.pdf

Variable Data Printing (VDP) options
    The Fiery E100 is compatible with the following variable data printing languages:
    FreeForm and FreeForm 2

Hmmm ...

The box label indicates IC-413 but a sticker on the Fiery itself indicates E100-02 ... is there a difference?

Googlynn....I'm sorry. I thought I was looking at docs pertaining to IC-413, but they were actually for KM IC-306 Fiery. The IC-306 is the more advanced model for the C7000 / C6000.

D'oh. That's okay, thanks for grokking on it.

Default VPS format

VDP formats such as VPS are only supported on the external Fierys, not on the embedded Fierys.

IC413 is an embedded Fiery. It appears the sales rep oversold it.
    If I were you I'd speak to KM about upgrading to the big Fiery.
    Last edited by Greta_C; 02-28-2011 at 04:14 PM.