Thread: Fiery Scan and PDFs

Question Fiery Scan and PDFs

Hello all,
    We have 2 Docucolor 242's and we have been running into issues when we use the Fiery Scan.
    i have had 2 users and including myself have problems with opening pdfs when sending it to our computers. When i try to open the PDF i get an error from adobe stating

Acrobat could not open 'Untitled.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

Both printers seem to do this.

Also, when i delete the file from computer and resend most of the time it will open up, other times it wont. It never seems to open correctly the first time though.

It looks more of an issue related to the PDF creation. Have you made sure your Fiery is updated with patches? Also the engine version updated.
    What Acrobat settings/version? Has it been reinstalled?

thank you
    l-

Hello Yes, i have made sure all the patches are installed for Fiery, i am not sure what you mean by engine version though? I have adobe professional that the PDFs are opening in, but i noticed when I send the PDF to my PC the size of the PDF is 0KB...

anyone ever come across this? it doesnt matter what adobe we are using, it could be reader, pro, standard on different versions, the file comes accross as 0 bytes.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

If you can gain access to the Fiery's E: drive - try selecting on the DC242 GUI - Network Scanning -> Update Templates, then select select the Colour General Template -> Auto Color -> PDF for file format & name your file something like Test.pdf & hit the Green Button. After a few seconds you should hear a single beep. On your Fiery Navigate to E:\EFI\Server\Scan & see whether your Test.pdf is in there ? can you open it & / or check its properties & see whether it is more than 0Kb ?