Thread: Customer using a " Spyder application" to adjust color

Default Customer using a " Spyder application" to adjust color

[B]In a RICOH Aficio MP C4500 copier with E-5000 Fiery environment, customer is using an application on their 3 MAC's and one PC to adjust color to match what they see on their monitors with the printed output from the copier/ Fiery system. I am not sure if they are using Command Work Station 5 to facilitate this process, but customer happend to reply to me when I asked how often he calibrates the Fiery and stated that he only calibrates the copier. Now, from my training, Fierys need to be calibrated once a week minimum. Back in April 22, the Fiery System software was re- installed due to " Please Wait" message on the Fiery screen and customer could not connect to the Fiery with CWS5. The Fiery tech also calibrated all the paper media settings with Color Pro Wise tool. I was ask by the technician responsible for taking care of the customer's account to assist him with the Scan to Folder op on the Fiery. While troubleshooting the scanning issue a staff member approached us with a color printing issue. I calibrated only one paper setting of the Fiery and the result was a very irrated boss man. It wasn't until later that an office staff staff informed me and another Fiery tech that her office uses a " Spyder application" to get the colors in- line. Has anyone heard of this app? [/B]

By the way, this is my first post. Thanks.

k_graham is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor k_graham is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by modread View Post
    [B]In a RICOH Aficio MP C4500 copier with E-5000 Fiery environment, customer is using an application on their 3 MAC's and one PC to adjust color to match what they see on their monitors with the printed output from the copier/ Fiery system. I am not sure if they are using Command Work Station 5 to facilitate this process, but customer happend to reply to me when I asked how often he calibrates the Fiery and stated that he only calibrates the copier. Now, from my training, Fierys need to be calibrated once a week minimum. Back in April 22, the Fiery System software was re- installed due to " Please Wait" message on the Fiery screen and customer could not connect to the Fiery with CWS5. The Fiery tech also calibrated all the paper media settings with Color Pro Wise tool. I was ask by the technician responsible for taking care of the customer's account to assist him with the Scan to Folder op on the Fiery. While troubleshooting the scanning issue a staff member approached us with a color printing issue. I calibrated only one paper setting of the Fiery and the result was a very irrated boss man. It wasn't until later that an office staff staff informed me and another Fiery tech that her office uses a " Spyder application" to get the colors in- line. Has anyone heard of this app? [/B]

By the way, this is my first post. Thanks.
    The Spyder is a Colorimeter - meant for monitor calibration - I used to use a Monaco, also a colorimeter, before getting a Spectrometer with software to also calibrate the Fiery and Monitor.

It should keep their monitors in better proximity than not having a device and maybe also let them know when they are outside calibration capability, quite often by 3 years. Some create different color profiles 5,000K - paper , 6500 - paper or web, 9200 web only. Best results for paper are the lower settings.

The Monaco I had also claimed to be able to profile printers with a additional chart but I found it worse that using the Fiery calibration for the printer, you are better 1st calibrating the copier, then the Fiery and best to use a Spectro if you have it. - in my opinion.

Ken
    Last edited by k_graham; 06-12-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Ken Graham
    Docucolor 240, 250, 12, 12 external RIPs EXP250
    Canon IR7200, 105 with M1, M2 external RIPs
    and 1 broken down Ikon CPP500 internal RIP
    Community Printers.com

Sent from Linux computer -- see http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/