Thread: Creep issue w/Impose

Default Creep issue w/Impose

I came across a bizarre glitch the other day while putting together a booklet and wondered if I was unique to this.

I've got a 52 page (13 flat) booklet to put together that I wanted to print 2 flats up per sheet. My finished book size is 6x6 (flat size 6x12) w/bleeds. I determined that for me, the best way to run was 2-up on a 12.5x19".

I figured I would use the "2x2 Repeat Booklet" and all seemed great. I applied creep and the low-res previews within Impose all showed the creep I wanted to apply.

However, after saving the job, ripping it and printing a sample the creep wasn't applied correctly. Instead of applying with each book set, it was applied to the back page, between the 2 sets. To explain using basic page numbering, within a 4 page booklet, you'd expect the creep to be set on pages 1 and 4 & 2 and 3. What ended up happening is that the creep was applied between both page 4's!!

I've attached a PDF image to explain what's happening. Any explanations as to why this is happening? I've "worked around it" but I shouldn't have to. Thoughts??? Thanks.
    Attached Images
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.

Hi markdyck,
    Did the creep issue that you noticed with an imposed booklet occur with any other jobs? I'm not sure if this was just a glitch or a defect. I release that it has been some time since your original post. Perhaps you might to try the job again, this time using CWS 5.3.
    Regards,
    Rod.

The majority of the books I run are all one up, so I don't have many situations where I would come across this issue. However, I just tested it with a file (not the same one as before) and the creep is adjusted correctly now. Who knows, maybe just one of the random glitches!
    Currently using CWS 5.3.1.32 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.

Running 3 Ricoh machines:
    Pro C900 - ProC900 v4.0 System 8 Release 2 (PLP Installed)
    Pro 1107ex - EB-1357ex v1.1 System 8 Release 2
    Aficio 3260 - E7000 v1.2 System 6e.