Thread: Fiery Color Profiler Suite 3.0 with i1

Default Fiery Color Profiler Suite 3.0 with i1

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on whether Fiery Color Profiler Suite 3.0 would work with an i1 instead of an ES-1000

Thank you

Lorenz2 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Lorenz2 is on a distinguished path

No CPS requires the ES-1000. The hardware is actually the same but CPS checks the serial number of the device. Seems like EFI has reserved a certain range for their devices. Actually you can check this out very easily - when you try to use/modify spot colors within CWS you will notice that only a ES-1000 will work - although en ES-1000 AND a "normal" EyeOne ar able to calibrate a Fiery.

But even when you have an ES-1000 – you will need a licence file to activate that ES-1000 for CPS

Have a look at EFI's estore for additional information on licensing...

https://estore.efi.com/shop/default.aspx

Cheers,

Lorenz

PS you might take a look at the following thread with has some information on the ES-1000 story when it comes to CPS...

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php?t=1871
    Last edited by Lorenz2; 10-10-2010 at 02:37 AM.
    Xerox Versant 80 with EX-80

Hi Lorenz,

Thank you for that information. What if I do not require to use spot colors. I only intend to use the profile for prinitng photographs and improving tonal smoothness. I read somewhere that it will work fine with the color pro-filer but not with spot-on, appreciate the help.

Rodney

Lorenz2 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Lorenz2 is on a distinguished path

Hi Rodney,

well the main Advantage of CPS3 is that it interacts perfectly with the Fiery. Other benefits are DeviceLinks, profile editing, monitor profiling and being able to "optimize" to profiles (very elegantly via DeviceLinks).

The downside - if you "only" want to profile the CPS3 package including the mandatory ES-1000 will cost you MSRP 3000 (Software alone $1900). Given these figures you can find plenty other profiling apps at a lower price but without the benefits mentioned above.

My suggestion ask you dealer if he can demonstrate CPS3 with a fully functional ES-1000. Or even better if you can rent (test drive) the package for a few days.

Cheers,

Lorenz
    Xerox Versant 80 with EX-80