Thread: Command Workstation - Create a Job, both B & W and Colour...

Default Command Workstation - Create a Job, both B & W and Colour...

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the whole Command Workstation thing but...

We get clients coming in with digital or hard copy documents they want printing, they're a mixture of colour and black and white pages. which they want reproducing as is...

We're on a click charge contract with Fuji Xerox, so we have to ( at the moment ) seperrate the document off into parts so that we can send the black and white pages through as black and white and the color as colour etc..

We have a Fuji Xerox 700 here, on the printer control panel I can create a job and then ask it to say send the first 10 pages through as black and white, then one as colour then four as black and white etc...or whatever the job requires, so that the document comes out as it should and we're only charged for the colour clicks when we need them.

So...is there a way that I can do the same in Command Workstation? can I tell it that the 300 page document i've sent to it, i only want certain pages in black and white and certain pages in colour?

Cheers for the help

If you send the job to the Hold queue, you can open Job Properties. Highlight the job and choose Properties from the Actions menu or right click the job and choose Properties. Scroll down to the bottom of the Media tab and in the Mixed Media section, click New Page Range. This will open the Page Range Media windiow where you can enter the page number or numbers as needed and assign the required color mode.

You should define the required color mode for the majority of the pages in the Color tab in Job Properties and then only assign the other mode for the pages that will be exceptions in the Mixed Media section.

If you have SeeQuence Compose, you can do the same using a visual interface.

I don't have an option to select colour on mixed media? I can select which pages to duplex, where to get the stock from etc but not to select if it's b& w or colour...

Anyone know where i can buy SeeQuence Compose in Australia?

In order for this to function you will need to have SP3 installed on the bustled or external controller

Without this patch loaded, you will not see the option in Mixed media for color or grayscale.

Print a config page and ensure SP3 is loaded

Seequence Suite can be sourced in australia through your local Xerox sales rep