Thread: Bug in Import Archived Job - cannot sort list

Default Bug in Import Archived Job - cannot sort list

Hello,

I have a bug to report in CWS5.1.1.04

1) Go to File menu, Import Archived Job
    2) Select a directory with Archived Jobs
    3) The list cannot be sorted, although the column header can be clicked on. Date column is missing. In Command Workstation 4, it also had the same problem, (not able to sort) but at least it had the dates column intact. Command Workstation 3 I don't recall having this problem.

-- This is a major inconvenience for us, as we Archive many jobs onto a local hard drive, and import only the ones we need to print (as the Fiery Hard drive is too small to hold all our reprint jobs). Not being able to sort it makes it difficult to find the job to unarchive.

Secondly, in Command Workstation 5, there is a "Archived" tab with a configuration button. clicking on it opens up a dialog box called Archive settings. Here you are able to add additional archive location directories, but adding a directory that has archived folders does nothing, it only displays the items archived from the active panel.

Hope someone can help shed some light on this.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

If you select the either the hold / archive tab - try right clicking on the column headers you should get an add button - in there you should find all the column headings that you are able to add. I think Date Created is in there - if you select that this will add that column setting. Then you should be able to sort your jobs...

Not sure I fully understand your second point ? there is an archive manager where as you say you can add additional directories - default being Server Internal* - when you Import Archived Jobs are you saying you don't see a pull down where you can then select the additional directories that you had just made ? can you explain a bit more..

Gavin is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Gavin is on a distinguished path

@mrjeffc

Totally agree with you on this (see my post http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...ived-Jobs-List but I don't think the responder understood what I was getting at!). There is a total lack of functionality when importing archived jobs and this needs to be seriously and urgently addressed.

The archived list seems to be structured by batches of dates jobs were archived and there is no user control over name or date ordering.

<Bad programming>

@thistlegorm - This has nothing to do with the Held, Printed or Archived panes but is related to the File... Import Archived Job... menu function. The Import Archived Job pop-up window has no structuring control.
    Last edited by Gavin; 06-03-2011 at 03:20 AM.
    Konica Minolta bizhubpress C1085 - Fiery System FS150 Pro
    Fiery IC-308 v2.0 - CWS 5.8.0.39 SP2 on Windows 7 Pro SP1

Konica Minolta bizhub Pro C6501 (65C-KM V 3.0) - Fiery System 9
    Xerox DC250 (DC250 V 1.2) - Fiery System 8e Release 2
    Fiery Pro80 65-55C-KM PS Color Server 3.0a eu - CWS 5 (5.7.0.29) on Windows XP SP2

EFI CWS 6.1 (6.1.0.28) on Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 Pro
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz 4Gb RAM